Breakfast and break ice

Nana had never felt so weird. Gazing up at the azure-painted ceiling of his room, he tried to think of a time when he had felt so unsure, so lost, so strange. He came up with none. His whole life he had been sheltered by his parents, and he had never had to live in a strange place or adjust to a strange environment before. To be plunged in this whole new world was torture.

It wasn't that he wasn't being treated well. In fact, he was being pampered far more now than at home, which was really saying something. He had been given total freedom to do whatever he liked. He hadn't been restricted in any way. His room had been furnished exactly to his taste, with the help of some sea magic. He had been served delicious meals since he returned from the Forest of Dreams the day before. Theoretically, his life was perfect.

But it's not home, he lamented. Scrunching up his soft, silky bedsheets in his fist, he tried to look on the bright side, and failed. Nothing about this beautiful kingdom, his beautiful room, the beautiful maids who served him, or the freedom of this place even appealed to him. It was a bit strange, even to Nana, how much he disliked the place.

He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He sat up in his king-sized bed, and squinted at the blue light which filtered in through his window. Sleepily, he stretched his arms and threw the cover cloth off his body, meaning to jump out and take his bath, when the door to his room opened from the outside, and a young, stout, white-haired maid bowed into the room.

"Good morning, my prince. I am delivering your breakfast," she said evenly, oblivious to Nana's shame at being seen naked by yet another person. She set a tray laden with food onto the table beside Nana's bed,  bowed and turned in the direction of the door.

"Wait," called Nana, covering himself with the sheets once more. "What's your name?" he asked. It felt too weird to be served food by someone he didn't even know.

She gave him a sad smile without looking up at him, and said, "My name is irrelevant, your Highness. Is there something I could do for you?"

Taken aback, Nana paused for a while before answering, " Yes, actually. Could you please get my friend Nsuba for me?"

"Master Nsuba? Right away, your Highness", she bowed and left. Nana quirked up his eyebrows, shrugged and walked into the bathroom.

After a half hour, he came out of the bath looking fresh. He also felt much better, he notices as he tied his fluffy, cobalt-coloured towel securely around his waist. At least there's some sort of clothing here, even if it's only a towel, he remarked. He laughed at the idea of regarding a towel as a piece of clothing, as he resolved that if he needed to, he'd wear the towel around everywhere. He still couldn't come to terms with every human being seeing his dick on display everytime they passed by him.

"Well, at least you're smiling," called the familiar voice of Nsuba at the door, "That's a good start, at least."

"Ugh. Nsuba, I don't know if I'm just being a spoilt brat, but I hate it here. I've only been here for a night, but I already don't like it," he said as he pulled the tray of food onto his lap and patted the space on the bed beside him.

Nsuba regarded him with those smiling,  pale yellow eyes. "You don't know anything about this place, Nana. You've imprisoned yourself in your room, and you say you hate the place."

"Well, what's there to like? I mean, the food is great, but from all I see, everyone's just walking about naked."

"Well, for starters you could open your windows and listen to the music," said Nsuba as he strutted to the gold-panelled glass window and unfastened it.

"What music?" asked Nsuba, contentedly chewing on a grape. He paused as he heard a faint whisper of a song in his ears. As he turned towards the window where Nsuba stood, the music grew louder. It was a flute being played. The music was haunting, slow and beautiful. It was a piece that was very familiar to Nana. He had played it many times on his own flute. It reminded him of home.

Sighing, he pushed the plate away and turned his face towards the floor as the tears started in his eyes again.

Nsuba sat on his bed and put his arms around him. "Everything will be okay, Nana. This world is amazing. We have lots of beautiful things which will take your breath away. I promise you, if you let go of your doubts and really feel this place, it'll be just like home. Trust me, my friend."

As the final tune of the flute was played and it fizzled out, Nana smiled at Nsuba and said, "Okay. I'll try, Master Nsuba."

Nsuba let out a light chuckle. "Don't think any of it, Nan. It's just what the people call me. They've called me that ever since I won the title of most skilled fighter in the kingdom.

Nana raised his eyebrows. "Most skilled archer?"

"Of course. Why do you think I was sent to your boarding school to guard you?"

"Wow. I guess I should be honoured. The best fighter in this kingdom is my friend," Nana chuckled.

"Nan, Nan, Nan. When are you going to get used to the fact that as it stands, you are the second most powerful being in this land? After your mother, you have the most power out of all of us. Get used to it, bro."

"I am, aren't I? And that means I can do whatever I want from now on," said Nana with a smile, the tears gone from his cheeks.

"Hold your horses, mister. You're not quite your own master yet. You have a lot to learn about this place, so your mother is setting up a tutor for you to have lessons."

"School? Again?"

"Sorry, bro. But it'll just be for a little while
A few months at most.

"A few months?! Nsuba this is terrible!" shouted Nana good-naturedly, and then both of them collapsed into giggles on the bed.

"I have to leave," said Nana after a few more minutes of joking with each other, "but you don't have to do anything for today. Just chill out, tour the palace, do whatever you want, okay. I'll be back soon. Goodbye, your Highness," he joked, with an exaggerated bow, before leaving the room.

This place might not be too bad after all, Nana said as he picked up the tray of food again, and the flute music started playing once more through his window.

Hello, guys. This is the next chapter. I hope you like it.
Again, I'm so sorry that I'm confusing you with the storyline. Upon revision, I've realized that it needs some major refurnishing. I hope you like the new version and that it helps you understand the story better.
Ciao!