Smitten

"Good morning class. I am so excited to be with you once again this semester. I hope that you all are going to be good boys and girls and work hard at your academics. Is that right?"

"Yes Mrs. Johnson,"the class droned. Nana was sitting on the last seat of the last row, and Nsuba was beside him. It was their first lesson on the first official day of school. The atmosphere in the classroom was one of complete bo
redom, and the teacher wasn't helping any, with her monotonous speech. Nana had forgiven Nsuba for the event the day before and had told him so before class started.

"....and now I have the pleasure of introducing to you all our newest student. Class, meet Asabea Amani!" the teacher said as a tall, shapely, red-haired girl walked into the classroom. She had long legs and a very beautiful face which was covered in makeup. She had on a sleeveless shirt which barely covered her navel and a very short pair of denim shorts which made her look even taller than she was. All in all, she was stunningly beautiful and Nana was entranced. He stared at her as she introduced herself and as the teacher welcomed her into the class. He stared at her even as the introduction concluded and she walked to the only available seat - right in front of him.

"Hi", she greeted him and broke his trance.

"H- hello", he responded.

"My name is Asabea, what's yours?"

"I-I'm N-nana", he stuttered.

She gave a knowing smile. "Pleasure to meet you Nana", she said to him and turned back towards the front with a swish of her red-haired bob. Nana kept on staring at her as though spelled and breathing in her perfume, oblivious to the look of disgust and hatred that his best friend was shooting to the new girl.

---------------

"So, Asabea, how's your first day of school been?"

"So-so. A bit boring actually".

"Yeah, it's not usually like this. I'm sure it'll all pick up as the weeks go by. Hey, I was wondering. Are you free tomorrow night?".

"Yeah, I am. Why?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could go somewhere together. I don't know, anywhere. Just the two of us?"

"We just met, Nana. Don't you think you're rushing things just a little bit?"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I guess we'll take it a little more slowly then. See you tomorrow?"

"No, I don't mean cancel the date, silly. I'll meet you here tomorrow night, kay?"

"Really? Thanks so much! See you then!"

Nana waved the girl goodbye and stared at her gorgeous, retreating back for more than a few seconds when he felt a hand on his shoulder, and jumped.

"Jeez, man. You've gotta stop scaring me."

"Me? Scaring you? You're the one staring at a totally random girl like she's your personal goddess. Man, you're scaring me. Are you sure everything's all right?"

"Yhup. Couldn't be better, in fact. I have a date with her tomorrow night."

"You what? But Nana, you just met her today!"

"So what? Isn't that the whole purpose of a date, to get to know her better?"

"I have a really bad feeling about this, man", Nsuba replied, staring at the girl's now far-away silhouette.

They walked in silence from the academic block to their dorm room. Tiredly, they each flopped onto their beds and let out a sigh.

Still thinking about Asabea, Nana's eyes traveled from the ceiling, to Nsuba's calm, staring gaze, to the wall and back to the ceiling. Man, that girl is so hot. I just can't stop thinking about her, he thought as his eyes fell upon his desk, the floor, his half-open wardrobe with his flute sticking out of it.....