Crash

Max continued his winning streak in Austria too, crushing the opposition on the home soil of Red Bull, and extending his lead in the championship. He even ensured his first-ever grand slam with pole, fastest lap, and victory, having led every lap. It looked like everything went in his favor.

...

Lewis's POV

It looked like everything went in his favor. With Max's three wins in a row and lead by 32 points after nine races, I began to doubt that I would win the title of world champion for the eighth time this year. However, there was no time for such thoughts as I had to fully focus on the next race; my home race. Silverstone.

...

"Get in there, Lewis! What a ra...what a lap man! It's the first one that counted," I heard Bono shout excitedly on the radio.

"Get in there!" I yelled, "Wooo. Ha ha."

"Yeah, proper Lewis, proper. Just keep an eye on that delta time. That's a bit more like it, isn't it?"

Yes!

"Cracking job guys!"

"And you mate, and you."

I encircled a lap, stopped my Mercedes next to Verstappen's Red Bull, and jumped quickly out of the cockpit. Ha ha. Yes! P1 for tomorrow's sprint race on home soil. Yes. Come on! That's what I like!

...

When done with all the interviews for today, I walked back to the motorhome with my PR manager.

"Lewis? Lewis!" I turned to a familiar voice.

"Anna, hey!"

"Hey, congratulations on the pole position!" she smiled brightly, "what a lap and before your home crowd!"

"Yeah, thank you," I ran my hand through my braided hair, taken aback by Anna's flattery.

"I'm sorry, I have to go, I just stopped by to say hi, but...good luck for tomorrow! I'll be watching," she winked at me playfully and left before I could say goodbye.

"Looks like you and Max are competing for more than just the title," Luke scoffed at me.

"What are you talking about?" I tried to laugh it off. "We're just...friends, really."

"Well, she used to be just friends with Max too," Luke shrugged his shoulders.

Yes, I knew that.

"What's your deal?" I gave him a suspicious look.

"Nothing, just thought that it's been a while since I've seen you being so nervous around somebody."

"Nervous? I wasn't nervous; I was surprised, ok? I didn't expect her to come and congratulate me when...you know...eh, why am I even talking to you about it?" I sighed, glad that we'd reached the motorhome.

...

Max's POV

I've never really hated anyone until now. Well, not a person at least.

I saw him talking to Anna again after he beat me by 0,075 seconds in qualifying. Overall, he'd been around her too often to my liking lately. What was he up to?

...

It was a sprint race day. 

I always want to beat Hamilton's ass, but that day, that day, I wanted it more than ever.

The Champion of My Heart | Max Verstappenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें