Spending Time With Your Tomboy

"Hey, Y/n! Watch this treflip!" Sam yelled at the top of the ramp, itching with excitement.

"Send it!" I cheered.

"Yeah!" "Go for it!" "Do it!" "Wooh!" Others cheered along and hyped her up.

She stepped down onto her board and she was off, going down the ramp. She hit the flat ground at a high speed, up the ramp and treflipped over the gap and onto the landing. She jumped off her board and picked it up. Everyone cheered and smacked their boards on the ground for her. They then began to all skate again, taking their time.

"That was sick!" I yelled as she walked over to me, giving me a high five.

"Gosh it took me way too long to hit that regularly."

"I know, I watched you work a lot over that."

"I'm gonna go run a line I've been working on."

"Bet." She went on to different parts of the place and made sure she knew what she was gonna do.

Sam and I had been best friends for as long as we could remember. We lived on the same street, a few houses down from each other. Growing up, we were always together, almost inseparable. We walked to school, had our classes, playdates, birthdays, and other holidays together. Since she was with me a lot, she never got into much girly things, like dolls, or mermaids, or ponies. She got into the stuff I was into. Skating, video games, action figures, working out, and cars. She wore boyish outfits and a baseball cap most of the time.

We were at the nearby skatepark, one we lived near. We both always came down here to skate and hang around and talk about stuff, even if there were other people nearby, even did our school homework sometimes. It was summer. Warm, sunny, park full of folks. People we knew, people we didn't.

"You ready?!" She yelled from her spot.

"Yep!" She then started her descent down the ramp, going at a swift pace. She went up the other ramp and kickflipped over the gap into a manual. She tried to keep her balance. Afterwards, She ollied onto the hub and grinded down, but suddenly, her board slipped out from under her and she hit the ground, hard.

"Agh!" She rolled a bit before coming to a stop. I ran over to her.

"ooooo" The others cringed at her wipeout.

"You alright?" I asked her, holding my hand to her. She slowly got up, using it. I looked at her up and down and found several scratches, bleeding pretty good. She was breathing heavily, holding her arm, likely bruised it.

"Yeah.. It isn't skateboarding if you don't get hurt every once in a while, right? Heheh." She grinned, hiding the pain she was clearly feeling. "Ow..."

I walked over and grabbed her board before coming back to her. "Alright, I'll take you to my place and get you doctored up."

"As you always do." She giggled.

"Aright guys! We're heading out!"

"Peace out, man!" "Yeah! See ya." "Get well, Sam!"

"Thanks." We both said as I put her arm over my shoulder. I walked her over to the car before throwing the boards in the trunk while she got in. I got in after her and started her up, setting the AC to blast, and getting the heck out of there.

"Here." I handed her a roll of paper towels. I always kept paper towels in my car in case of getting hurt while skating. She always fell more than I did, got hurt more too. Sam already broke her leg and fractured her arm twice at this point; And normally, she got right back up, but more and more recently, she's been liking me take her to my place to fix her up. It was also vice versa. If I fell and hurt myself good, she'd patch me up at her place too, though I've been lucky enough not to break anything.... yet.