Loving Your Robot Girl

It was the age of androids; Y'know, the human-like robots that assisted people in their daily needs. The future was indeed currently the present. Started out with the Roomba, and now we had walking, talking androids. The "Uchinaru Heiwa" corporation specialized in creating these androids for the betterment of mankind, helping people with needs while they were away, or even in the home. They did chores, cooked food, took care of the children, kept up a conversation, they could even eat and drink along with the family, though they really didn't need the nutrition. They were the perfect household companion.

The designs were identical to humans, though unfortunately, they lacked emotions. You'd normally get them custom ordered, tailored to your liking; However, these androids were a very expensive product. You could customize the gender, the name, the assets, the hair, the eye color, skin color, you name it, though of course it had a price. It was like buying a custom Royce, but it was a robot.

I for one was fortunate enough to snag one. I had been saving up money since I was roughly 8 years old, and when something that big came out a decade later, I had to have one for myself.

I lived in a more modernized house, but most of the interior was decorated with classic things, retro things, stuff to have that old-timey kinda feel. Some of the other parts, like my room for example, were more techy and futuristic looking, so was the kitchen with its appliances. I lived alone; Well, kinda, cause I had my android as well. My parents worked for the android corporation as lead computer scientists. They were the ones to actually invent the Comprehensive A.I. that the androids used. They got funded quite substantially, so they pay for my housing and bills and whatnot, they even chipped in a little on the android for me when I bought one.

I was homeschooled my entire childhood, and I made friends with the kids in the neighborhood. My parents knew almost everything. They were so smart. They taught me all about computers and A.I. and math, and basically everything I needed to know to prepare me for my lonesome and more.

Now, the android I got was a girl. Roughly young adult looking, mid to small chest size, around 5'6 in height, brown hair that went to her mid-back, and burgundy eyes. It took a long time for me to figure out what I wanted to name her. There were hundreds of names I could have thought up. Most of my friends made their androids' names something funny, like "2B", "Alpha", "Robobitch" or "TWL (Toaster With Legs)". I wanted to give mine something clever, cute, and enough to make her feel a little unique, though I had to wait till she arrived before I could give her one.

To think..

I remember the exact day I received her...

I was sitting on my couch, watching television. I had just gotten used to my new home. I was sipping on some freshly squeezed OJ, but in a coffee mug, cause I thought it was funny. Suddenly, a knock came to the door. I sat my mug down on the small table next to me and went to the door, opening it to see two people: A corporation agent, and... My android. She was so pretty, prettier than what was shown on the corporate website. She wore a basic Uchinaru Heiwa T-shirt, and the same branded gray sweat pants. Every model that's brought to a person's house wore the same things. She looked lifeless though, as if she was powered off.

"Good day. I present to you, your android. Now, she won't fully activate until you sign here, and here. Plus, you will need to give her a name." The man held out a digital pad and a mobile pen. I grabbed the pen and signed my name twice. Then... I put the name I wanted for her in. I decided to name her "QT". "Q" "T" (Cutie, get it?). After pressing complete, the android's eyes lit up with life and she walked in the house with ease. "You have a good one now. Enjoy your new android, sir." He tilted his hat and left.

I closed the door and turned around to see QT looking around the house. "I guess I should say welcome to your new home, QT." I gave her a welcoming smile. She then turned to face me, her face being as emotionless as you could probably imagine. Her eyes were as close to human as you could get, though if you looked hard enough, you could tell that they were robotic, due to the tech hidden in the iris. She was even able to blink normally.