Zombie Girl Helps You Through The Apocalypse

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG BANG!* *BANG!* Another one fell, blood leaking out of its rotting corpse. "Damn!" I downed a few more as I walked backwards steadily, keeping my balance. I was being chased by a bunch of walkers. There weren't awfully many, but enough to overwhelm one man easily. *BANG!* *BANG!* The next one fell over, causing a couple to trip over the corpse. "I really need to conserve ammo." I thought to myself. I grit my teeth and turned around, running down the street, away from my undead pursuers.

It was 2033, day 1095. The world was in shambles. It's been 1095 days, or 3 years since the outbreak. I was 19, and alone. My parents turned and... at 16, I had to do what I never thought I'd have to. Since then, I've been roaming the country, going from city to large city, searching for food, clean water, weaponry/ammo, and signs of life. So far it's been bandits who kept trying to kill me and steal my stuff, and the dead. Well, and the undead. At the time I had been walking in a large urban city, with skyscrapers, whose upper floors were almost untouched by the outbreak. It was night, it was dark, and all that mattered was that I got away from that group of walkers.

I scrambled as fast as I could until they were relatively out of sight. I went inside an abandoned building. I closed the door and found a ton of things to prop up against it, barricading it. It was a relatively small building. It was a house, which shocked me a little. A small residential house in the middle of an urban setting. "Did an old lady refuse to move or something?" I asked myself out loud, looking around the living room of the place. It looked relatively unscathed, more so clean, which was another surprise. I looked over to the kitchen and saw that it was also quite clean, with certain things neatly organized on the counter. I pulled out my P226 and held it at the ready as something didn't seem right.

I slowly moved into the hallway, flashlight lighting the way. There was a door to my left, and two doors on either side at the end of the hallway, both open. I opened the door to my left quickly to see a bathroom. I tensely held my gun up and checked every inch of the room before putting it back down, seeing it was empty. I sighed. I then closed the door back. "I need to calm down."

"Hello." A voice came from behind the door that I just closed.

"Agh!" My eyes widened as I quickly jumped back into the living room, dropping my flashlight and holding my pistol up to the voice. "Not the head! Not the head!" There it was again. I had no clue what that was. It sounded like a girl's voice. I was sweating, and tense. Was it that a bandit was staying here, looting the place? Without taking my attention or my aim from the dark hallway, I squatted down and picked up the flashlight, and slowly raised it to the location.

There was a girl, her hands up and out, trying to block her head. I kept my gun up, and upon further inspection, I was floored with what was in front of me. She was undead, one of them. Her skin was a light pale-green, her eyes were red, and her hair was surprisingly still quite full. Her skin didn't seem to be fully rotten and dilapidated, as I could see stitch and staple marks on her legs, arms, and face. It was as if she was taking care of herself and her body, even after being turned. "Please.. don't shoot. I'm...not going to eat you." She said timidly. She seemed roughly my height, maybe a few inches shorter.

I didn't really know what to do in this situation. I've never seen a walker who could talk and act freely. Most mumbled incoherently and only wanted to eat humans, which in turn would turn them into zombies too. "How do I know you're not going to eat me? Hm? You're one of them, no?"

"Well, that may be true, but I don't find eating people fun or enjoyable." She slowly put her hands down and looked at me with a sad expression. "They taste gross and it makes me sad when they die. Plus, I was a human once too. You're safe from me." Her expression grew to a smile. "Though, I don't know about the others..." She giggled.