Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter Twenty-Five

Jarrah's fingers dove into Rayne's bundle of soft curls and held her tightly to him, his mouth breathing as much of her in as possible. Her scent flooded his senses, making him dizzy with the need that radiated throughout his body. It was powerful, whatever it was. He couldn't tear his lips from her even if he wanted to; which, of course, he would never do in the next thousand years of his reign. She smelled too good, felt too good, and kissed too damn good for him to do anything of the sort.

He'd kissed other women before. Hell, he even kissed Terryn a few times after that. But nothing and nobody compared to kissing Rayne, and he wished he would have been more prepared for it. Because yes, he was attracted to her enticing beauty. Yes, he enjoyed her company and companionship throughout the second half of their journey. And yes, he cared deeply for her.

Shit, Jarrah's feelings were deeper for her than they were for his own future fiancé. He didn't know when it happened, or how it did; just that they were strong and overwhelming anyway. He will admit, however, he hadn't meant to kiss her.

But her rhythmic heart sang to him a melody so pretty, and made her scent so divine, that the combination beckoned him forward. Don't get him wrong, he was constantly yearning for Rayne. He would have kissed her ages ago had he known how amazing it was going to make him feel after he finally did it. It even overshadowed any guilt he could have had about the promise to Terryn and his parents who were hoping for a particular decision. Rayne clouded his judgment.

Rayne and that fucking mouth absolutely intoxicated him. When she wrapped her arms around his neck to draw him closer to her soothing tongue, a feral hunger overtook his senses. His hand behind her head gripped her firmer to him, his other hand trailing along her side until he reached her outer thigh, which, by that point, she had known exactly what he was going for. She lifted her leg and allowed him to grasp the back of her knee, drawing it around his hip.

Jarrah had barely noticed when his wings started beating at his back, a clear sign they were starting their ascent. He smoothed the hand that was in her hair down the back of her neck until he reached her spine, and there he gripped protectively as the sound of gnashing teeth met his ears. His eyes barely opened to see the vampires had awoken and were swiping towards them, but they were well out of reach now. Rayne gasped out of the kiss, her head falling back from the onslaught of heat radiating from their trembling bodies as she drowned herself in the moment.

She didn't seem to care at all about the vampires as her smooth neck laid bare for him, her curls tumbling down the length of her back. He smirked at the enraged zombies behind her, knowing damn well he'd disintegrate their pale bodies into dust with a beam of sunlight if they so much as brushed their fingers against her. Ignoring their snarls, Jarrah brushed his lips against her tender throat. Warmth flooded his body as the hum of a moan vibrated under his crawling mouth, and he groaned huskily in response through bruised lips.

Rayne purred at the drifting of Jarrah's lips over her smooth jaw. "Jarrah," she gasped, lust coating her voice.

"Wolf?" he rasped back affectionately, and she shivered at the nickname.

"I—I think," her voice fell slack as he recaptured her tantalizing lips. He tugged her bottom lip into his mouth and gave it a pull between his teeth.

Rayne whimpered, her body shuddering.

"You think what?" he murmured, pulling back just enough to witness the wild daze in her pretty brown eyes. She looked absolutely ravishing with her round chest heaving, her eyes pulling into heavy slits, and her swollen lips parted. Her curls fanned around her head and flowed behind her shoulders, and he wanted nothing more than to taste her honey-coated lips again. The scent emanating from her was sweet with honeysuckle and Gardenias. A scent he never wanted to part from.