Chapter 4 : The injust power of money

"Seokjin, you have a letter," his main teacher said waving an envelope at the end of class. "The headteacher asked me to send it to you."

It was the end of the last hour of class in the morning and there was hardly anyone in the classroom. His fever and runny nose had only lasted one night, which he was grateful for because he didn't want to be tired that day.

Excited and anxious at the same time, Seokjin went to get his letter and thanked M. Cheon in a bow before quickely leaving the classeroom in turn. Still in the corridor and without waiting to leave the building, his hands trembling with apprehension, he wanted to tear open the envelope to find out what was inside, but he was not given the chance.

Indeed, he suddenly sneezed, sniffing a strong odor in the corridor and the moment his eyes closed - as it is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open - he felt his letter being roughly snatched frim his hand from behind by a large hand.

"Hey-!" he protested , turning around.

He fell silent immediately as he saw Taehyung frown as he was analyzing the envelope he had just snatched from him.

"What is that?" Taehyung asked in qn imperious tone, scanning the envelope before noticing a high school logo. "Whimoon High School? Is it a public high school?" he asked condescendingly.

"Yes it is. This is the sports high school I'm going to next year, I could have told you if you just asked me, you know," Seokjin explained patiently before extending his hand, "now, could you give me back this letter please?"

"The high school you might go to," Taehyung corrected without returning his letter.

At these words, Seokjin's face lost its color because he remembered why he had always carefully kept the secret of his orientation without mentioning this specific high school: to prevent Taehyung, out of revenge or gratuitous wickedness, from using his family's relations and money to break his dreams.

Afraid of upsetting him and having him read his letter before him or worse, detroying it, Seokjin lowered his hand and mumbled:

"Y-yes, I might go there if I'm lucky, but the answer is in this letter, I'm going to find out now, before the game."

"No, not now," Taehyung decided as he confiscated the letter and stuffed it into his pocket. "For now, I'll keep it."

"Eh?! B-but it's mine, you can't keep it!" Seokjin exclaimed.

"Of course I can, did you forget who I am?" Taehyung replied.

"No! You can have everything for me, you know that, but not this, this is too important to me!" Seokjin exclaimed in despair, suddenly reaching out to pull it out of Taehyung's pocket. "Give it back!" he shouted, without thinking to be polite anymore.

Taehyung roughly grabbed his wrist to prevent him from reaching his pocket.

"Be careful with what you're doing, I won't allow you to take what's in my pocket," he growled menacingly, squeezing him so tightly that he made Seokjin wince.

"As I did not allow you to take what was mine!" retorted Seokjin, who felt anger and despair overwhelm him as his hand still resisted Taehyung's pressure.

The latter widened his eyes in surprise at Seokjin's resistance to which he was unfamiliar. And for good reason: since his second year of middle school, Seokjin had always made sure to be particularly submissive so that the others students would leave him alone until the end of his studies there. Well, more like hoping that they would leave him alone because usually, it was not he who was looking for the problems but the problems that came to him.