Chapter 30: Father and sons

In the car, the three boys huddled together in the back, Namjoon and Taehyung on opposite sides of Seokjin, like when they were younger, and realizing this, Soo said:

"Since it's been a long time since I've seen the three little Kim next to eachother, it makes me nostalgic. I didn't pay attention, but you three have really grown up!"

"Yes, it's true! But Taehyung is the smallest of us three," Seokjin remarked with some satisfaction. Taehyung had dominated him on almost everything but not on their physical evolution, and he was quite proud of his few centimeters taller than him.

"Don't be so proud of yourself, it's only because I'm the last to be born!" Taehyung replied glaring at him, " I will catch up to you very soon."

"No matter what, we're only a few days apart, you can't make up several centimeters in a few days and that still means I'll always be ahead of you!" Seokjin said

"Weeks," Taehyung corrected, "we are several weeks apart, not a few days. You were born at the beginning of the month and I was born at the end of the same month. It means that at the beginning of each month, you take centimeters and at the end of each month, I take them too, so I catch up with you every time."

"Really?" Seokjin said dubiously, "I don't think that's true. That's not true, right, Joonie?"

"No, he's having fun of you or else he really believes in it, which would confirm that he's a moron," Namjoon said.

"Yeah, but if Jin believes me, he's the moron of us according to your logic so say so," Taehyung taunted as Seokjin looked sulky. He added with a frown : "You try so hard to convince me that you're not an idiot when we're all alone so why are you acting dumb in front of Namjoon?"

"I'm not acting dumb, Joonie is smarter than me so I'm afraid I'm wrong and I prefer to ask him a confirmation, that's all!" Seokjin protested as Namjoon flashed a satisfied smile.

Taehyung winced in annoyance. He hated this reverence Seokjin had for Namjoon and that made him believe everything Namjoon told him when he instinctively doubted what he himself told him. And if Seokjin refused to believe him when he told him that Namjoon wasn't who he thought, then he would have to show him someday. And the sooner the better.

"Hey, Soo, where are we going?" Seokjin suddenly asked, not recognizing the way to school.

Namjoon answered before the driver could say something:

"We are skipping class today."

"What?! No I'm not!" Seokjin exclaimed.

"Yes, that's what you're doing right now," Namjoon corrected him.

"But I can't do that!"

"Sure you can, don't worry you are with me."

"This is not what I mean, I have to study for the finals, I can't fail, under any circumstances!" Seokjin protested.

"He can't skip class. And neither do you," Taehyung said to his brother, "I'll tell dad."

"Well, go tell your daddy and leave us alone. But now that I think about it, since you're still in this car with us, you're also skipping class, haven't you noticed yet?" Namjoon pointed out.

"Yes, but I'm in middle school and not in high school, it's less serious than you. In addition, I can say that it was you who forced me, which is not false."

"I'm not forcing you to do anything. You still have time to go and be on time for the second class in the morning, you know your teachers won't scold you, you just have to take a taxi, I'll pay for you if you really want to go to school. After all, I have no desire to spend the day with you, Jin is the one I want to spend time with."