Chapiter 14 : The deal - Memories (part 2)

Seokjin had fallen asleep again - the real one, not the eternal one - but Taehyung wouldn't take his eyes off him and wouldn't let go at all. He was scared of losing him again or having Seokjin taken from him.

Namjoon and Yoko did not take their eyes off this mismatched duo, a scared boy with the boy who scared him but who was now afraid for him. Yoko would have liked to extract her son from the embrace of this boy who had almost killed him and treated him as an object that belonged to him, but she knew she had to be patient. When Seokjin was able to leave the hospital, she would take him away from the Kims.

Namjoon meanwhile had his fists clenched and his gaze was filled with anger and contempt for his little brother. He had never hated his little brother, despite the difference in treatment between them by their parents.

Yet that day, because he cared deeply about Seokjin, he hated his brother for what he had done: he had almost killed Seokjin, with his selfishness and his whims.

"You will pay for what you did, Tae, don't think you're gonna get away with it," Namjoon promised, threatening.

Taehyung just stared at him but didn't reply or move, afraid to wake up Seokjin. Anyway, if he could have Seokjin for him, he didn't care what his brother said to him.

However, his precautions to preserve Seokjin's sleep were useless: the door flew open, revealing Namjoon and Taehyung's parents, followed by Baek who exchanged a sorry look with Yoko, because he had been forced to lead them to the room.

"Taehyung! Namjoon!" Mrs. Kim shouted, visibly annoyed, "You shouldn't be here, Baek, get them out of here, we need to talk to Yoko and Seokjin."

"No, you can't talk to Jin, he's sleeping," Taehyung replied, placing both hands over Seokjin's ears. "And stop yelling, you'll wake him up."

Mrs. Kim opened her mouth wide in amazement and turned helplessly to her husband, letting him take over.

"Taehyung, you're going home, it's late. Baek will take you back, come on son, get up. You too Namjoon," he added to his eldest son more sternly, his hard gaze seeming to promise that he would be severely punished for making adulterous decisions on his own that day.

Namjoon seemed to understand what awaited him and was careful not to answer his father so as not to make the situation worse, but Taehyung who did what he liked and was not afraid of his father did not have the same reaction:

"No, no, no and no!" the little boy categorically refused, "I won't sleep without Jin, I'm staying here tonight if he stay here!"

"Then me too!" Namjoon said immediately finally seeming to realize that he too could hold on to his father to defend what was most dear to his heart. He too climbed into the bed next to Seokjin, on the opposite side from Taehyung.

"That's enough!" Mrs. Kim said with anger as she approached the bed and grabbed Namjoon's arm to pull him down.

"No! If Tae stays, I'm staying too!"  the eldest replied, pulling his arm out of his mother's grasp to her amazement.

Namjoon was not a disobedient child, his parents knew that. He was rather the opposite of his brother, being particularly docile and mature, due to his strict upbringing. Seeing him suddenly rebel at the age of 8 was quite surprising for Mr and Mrs Kim who understood that Taehyung was not the only one to be very attached to Yoko's son. They exchanged a annoyed look and then decided to postpone the problem until later.

"Miss Murakami, follow us outside, let's leave the boys here to talk," Mr. Kim said.

Anguished about leaving Seokjin alone with the two Kim boys, Yoko shot a pleading look at Baek.