A/N: Suzuka

IMPORTANT: Before we begin, if you haven't seen the race yet and are planning on it please don't read this until after because I'm going to be talking about the result and the events of the race that would spoil it for you :)

Hey guys, I will be posting a story about the Suzuka race when I finish it later (or tomorrow) but I just wanted to comment on the red flag during the race and the recovery crane/tractor on track. A lot of the drivers have commented on this during media at the end of the race but I want to also add my opinion and highlight what they said a bit more.

First of all, (in my opinion but I think it's also quite clear) it was incredibly dangerous but also disrespectful of the FIA or whoever okayed that crane to go onto the track. It was obviously very dangerous because if any one of the drivers had lost control there in the same way Carlos had, they would probably have been killed.
Pierre was obviously the most affected by this because he was out and saw the crane on the track and had the most to say about it as he had crashed so he was behind everyone else. He also had an advertising board on his front wing which blocked his view so he if he lost control or spun or skipped (or anything) he wouldn't have seen the vehicle which is obviously very dangerous. Also, he has been penalised for still racing under a red flag (still driving at racing speed) but he had not received the message yet (from my understanding) so he couldn't have known and as I said, the visibility was shocking so he wouldn't have seen any red flags so he wouldn't have known that he should have slowed down so I think it was unfair for the FIA to penalise him.
Also (on the subject of visibility), Alonso actually said that he didn't see the recovery crane which shows how little they could see in the car and how dangerous it was.

The whole thing was also extremely disrespectful and disregarding of Jules' fatal accident, his family, Charles and Pierre. It should never have happened on any track but for it to happen at Suzuka where his fatal accident occurred is just unacceptable and disregarding of how it affected anyone. I think everyone can agree that the crane should not have been there and the whole thing was ridiculous.
With Charles losing out on a chance to really fight properly for the title and losing it, he would have already been sad but then hearing this would have been awful for him and you could see when he talked about it he was upset and even through all of the interviews he did post-race (or at least the ones I saw) when he was talking about other stuff he was still upset which is understandable but he shouldn't have had to think about that too. He didn't even say Jules' name when he referred to the accident and he just said "we know what happened" so he didn't want to think about it (which he shouldn't have to).

I also don't like how Charles knew he had a 5 second penalty and Max was world champion via Johnny Herbert telling Max. If you watch the channel 4 highlights (UK but you can probably find it on YouTube too) you could see Charles just waiting to be interviewed after Checo but then Max was called back to announce it and Charles just had to stand back and watch. I don't know, it made me sad because I thought he should've been told before Max so it wasn't as much of a shock when Max was told (if that makes sense).
I cried about it when I was thinking about it too 😂😭 because Charles deserved the title and he is an amazing driver but Ferrari let him down all season so Max got the title which Horner will be very smug about for the rest of the season (I don't like him if you couldn't tell 😂 controversial? Probably 🥲) and Charles couldn't have done anything about it.

Anyways, sorry about the rant but I felt very strongly about the whole situation (both of them- the crane and the title) so I wanted to comment on it
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A