Safe

"I want to go home"

Sherlock smiles. "You were shot less than 24 hours ago"

"And now I'm bored"

John shakes his head fondly, adjusting the canula in your arm and gently smoothing your blanket. You twist uncomfortably and Sherlock sighs.

"You don't half fidget"

"I'm uncomfortable" You complain and John snickers

"Not yet you aren't..."

You question him with your eyes but Sherlock interrupts, holding up a finger for silence as he checks his phone.

"What is it?" You ask gravely and he shuts off his phone, utterly expressionless.

"Moriarty. He managed to escape"

You sigh heavily. "He always does"

They exchange glances but you pay them no attention. Instead you watch the door, surprised when it bursts open and three people walk in. Mycroft leads the way, Molly Hooper glancing at him with disdain and sweet Mrs Hudson looking absolutely furious.

They stop at your bed and everyone looks ready to argue, but it is Hudson who gets their first, swinging her handbag and thwacking first Mycroft, then John and finally Sherlock over the head before leaving wordlessly. You and Molly exchange glances and stare determinedly away lest you burst out laughing. When it is safe to do so, you look up at three sulky faces.

"I mean-" you start but Sherlock holds up a hand to stop you.

"(Y/n)... one more word and I will hand you willingly and happily over to either of our brother's"

You snort and Mycroft rolls his eyes exasperatedly, eyes watering slightly.

He rubs his head and opens his mouth. "I could have her done for assault"

"Yes that will look good, an assault case against a geriatric woman..." says John and now you can't help but laugh. He seems more aggravated, looking at you momentarily.

"Try and take me then" you challenge tiredly and he looks for a moment like he wants to say something. Thinking better of it, he closes his mouth and crosses his arms.

You, Sherlock and John are suitably surprised. But you had forgotten about Molly.

"Um, why does he want to take you? What have you done? And why are you in hospital?" She questions worriedly and your smile fades.

"Molly..." you start, unable to go on. John takes your hand and you swallow. "I'm... my name is (Y/n) Moriarty. Yesterday we entered his house, well, my old house, and attempted to speak with him after I received a threatening message. He made us torture ourselves and each other before I was shot by one of Mycroft's men. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just liked that you liked me. This version of me" you say quietly. She looks shocked, then glances at your hip then back at your eyes. She strokes your face gently and you shiver. Then she stops and takes a deep breath before turning and slapping Mycroft with the force of three grown men.

"Molly!" You yell as John dives at her and pulls her away. Mycroft cowers and turns on his heel, ignoring his brothers amusement.

"Why are your friends so violent?" He remarks before disappearing around a corner. There is a momentary silence before you all begin to snicker. Molly turns to you fondly and grins.

"(Y/n) I don't care who you used to be or who your brother is-"

"Oh I would if I were you he's actually a murderer, highly dangerous and-" chips in Sherlock before John clamps a hand over his mouth

Molly scowls and continues. "I care about who you are now. And honestly... I like who you are now. Like, really like." She says, that lovely strawberry blush appearing on her cheeks. You match it, closing your eyes as she places a soft kiss on your forehead. Her hand hovers over your wound and she stares at it helplessly.

"Did the doctors say you could go home yet? I don't like the idea of this brother of yours being loose..."

"Don't worry Molly, she can stay with us for a bit." Says John gently.

"She can have my room- John and I will sleep together" says Sherlock, stopping and staring at John with confusion when his friend chokes on nothing.

"He doesn't mean- we don't- we're not-" he fumbles and you laugh.

"What? Why are you laughing?" Says Sherlock to you but now you are howling, Molly snorting by your side.

Eventually you all calm down, settling with hospital snacks from the vending machine. John remains mortified, Sherlock interrogating him persistently surrounding his reaction. For a genius he could be a right nimrod.

They won't let you home today- home being flat 221B for now. That thought makes you happy. You liked being in such close proximity to your lovely friends- and since Molly wasn't convinced they would care for you adequately, she would be stopping by twice a day until you were better.

You didn't allow yourself to be anxious about Jim; it wouldn't help and you needed to be completely healed before you could go after him again. From their tense faces at the mention of his name, the boys weren't going to let this slide either. True, you could turn away, but your skills combined with theirs could help. And you couldn't chance him doing what he did to you to someone else.

As the night wears on, Sherlock seems to sense your turmoil for he subtlety takes your hand. You don't look at each other but your thoughts are suitably reflective.

You made a good team, you couldn't deny it.

You and the boys upstairs.