Sound and Vision

It had been a hundred years almost exactly since the last summer in Narnia. There had never been a time remembered so fondly by the people, even if it had been passed down the generations. A legend of sun and warmth.

     Ever since the Pevensie's arrived, the snow was slowly melting. Finally, the grass was green, and the waters weren't frozen. Everything was as it should have been.

     The day had been quiet at first, as most days were. The air was warm, and a breeze fluttered through the camp. Tents of every colour under the sun had come together to create their temporary home. There was nothing like this anywhere else.

     As the three siblings walked through and into the camp, the horn blew, warning everyone. It was yet another confirmation that Aramis knew them better than anyone else. He had felt them coming, and he had warned Aslan.

     All eyes were on the children. Creatures of great and small, most of which they had never seen before, that they never would have known existed. Animals considered wild, roamed through the tents and the creatures, their eyes just as trained on the Pevensie's as the others.

     They gathered behind as they walked forwards. They were nervous, and frightened by all of the attention. They weren't used to it.

  "Why are they all staring at us?" Susan whispered to her sister, rhetorically.

  "Maybe they think you look funny." Lucy smiled, chuckling at her own answer. She might have only been ten, but she was just as clever. 

They stepped into the large clearing, and stopped. There was a large tent on a small mound, protected by the strongest centaur. It was scarlet and gold, with a star point holding it all together.

Peter removed his sword from the sheathe, uncertain of what to do with it. He held it up, trembling under the weight. He was sixteen years old, he shouldn't have had to deal with that sort of pressure.

"We have come to see Aslan."

The crowd gasped, and murmured. Never had such a thing be requested before, and it was unlikely to ever happen again. They were all aware of the people by, being brought up by it and the Narnian nursery rhymes.

Their eyes stayed trained upon the tent. And as it was like second nature, they all bowed.

A lion stepped out from the tent, the most majestic creature that had ever lived. The golden mane blew in the wind, like straw in a corn field. It was mystical, and wonderful, the air surround him was just so perfect and calm.

The Pevensie's fell to their knees.

Then, softly, he spoke.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks." In turn, when their names were called, they looked up to gaze at the majesty of the lion. "But where is the fourth? Has he still not arrived?"

"That's why we're here, sir." Peter stood with a shallow breath. "We need your help."

Susan spoke, timidly. "We had a little trouble along the way."

"It is not my help you seek, Son of Adam." Aslan said, and for a moment, they were all confused.

Then a man walked from the tent, and it felt like time had stopped. He was slender, with broad shoulders, and hair as black as night. His skin was olive, and was complimented perfectly by the white silk robes he wore. They draped over his shoulders, cascading down behind him like a cape. It gave the impression that he was floating: and for all they knew, he might have been. There was one thing they could all agree on. He was beautiful.