Goodbye, Mr Ed.

In the days which followed the second battle at Beruna, the world seemed to be an a state of anti-morning, never having been so peaceful. Everyone just seemed to be calm, and happy, all at once. They were days of celebration, for Caspian rather than anyone else, as he was the newest addition to the ranks of Kings and Queens in Narnia.

It was clear to see he would be both kind, and fair. He wanted to be everything Miraz wasn't, something that came to him naturally.

On the day of his coronation, the streets had been lined with all of the loyal subjects who wished him the best for the future. A crown, heavier than anything else he wore, was placed upon his head as he rode ahead of the others. The four Pevensie's weren't too far behind, also receiving much of the love offered to them.

Rose petals and flower crowns were thrown their way. Love seemed second nature to the people, and they were offering it to their leaders without any hesitation. It was that love Aramis didn't feel like he deserved.

Many of Caspian's closest confidants walked behind the horses, soaking in the glory around them. Aramis, of course, was one of them as he was bound to the Pevensie's, now not only by duty. However, he could not enjoy the festivities, however much he tried.

He didn't feel worthy enough to walk with them. Shame weighed upon his shoulders as it might when one betrays another. A hood covered his face, disguising his less attractive features, as he didn't wish to frighten any of the young children who had been so overjoyed to get a glimpse of Caspian.

Of course, upon noticing it, Edmund scowled, playfully. Aramis deserved to feel as much love as everyone else did, even if he didn't look as he once had. And after they trekked through every street, and found themselves at the castle once again, Edmund made sure he swept Aramis off of his feet, just to explain to him how much he deserved.

There was no one else like Edmund Pevensie. No where in the world was there someone so full of humility and kindness, who was also able to brave the harshest of conditions with little more than a complaint about the weather. It baffles the spirit whenever he was around, because he felt honoured to be in his presence above everything else.

"You wore a hood." Edmund commented, slyly, as he tightened the strings on his tunic. It was much more complicated than the ones from his first reign, and often needed another pair of hands, than Aramis offered willingly.

Softly, he replied. "I did, my King."

"Why would you do that?" The firmness of his eyes was something that frightened. "You've got nothing to be ashamed of."

"On the contrary, my King. I have everything to be ashamed of." Perhaps he didn't understand, but any spirit knew the burden of an unfulfilled duty. "My own recklessness was enough to contort me like string."

The freckled boy chuckled, slowly, allowing his hands to move over the spirits, and hold them tightly. "You saved my life."

"It is-"

"Don't say it's your duty." Edmund groaned, playfully. "Because we both know that we are more than just duty."

"Yes, my King."

When the strings were tight enough, Aramis stepped backwards. He had assumed that Edmund would rather his personal space was left as that, and didn't think he might have wanted the contact. It had come to his attention that the young King loved physical affection, in any of its forms. He would never ask any questions because it wasn't his place- however, he knew that whatever it was which made him this way was powerful. It was a trait that would never leave him.

Edmund mimicked the steps, and moved in time with Aramis, almost like a waltz. If only they were surrounded by music...

"We were lucky to get you as a guide." He smiled, embracing the spirit with no warning. "And I am lucky to have you as everything else."