Ch.12

[5 months on the Halo ring]

[Marine]

Corporal: "Who's idea was it to turn down the temperature?" He asks, while shivering

Prvt.2: "The cold should be the least of your concern."

Prvt.: "Right, the scarab was friendly that one encounter but the other Covenant haven't been that way. Even though we share a common enemy."

Corporal: "Yeah, but these elites are ugly looking, much worse than the 2552 elites. I don't think they're the same."

Me: "I'm sure you can make friends with the suicide grunts, they look like they want someone to hug."

Corporal: "No thank you."

Prvt.: "Sarg, just out of curiosity, what would happen if we encountered the Flood here?"

Me: "We'd be dead, simple as that."

Prvt.2: "Especially with the spores."

Corporal: "As long as no idiot, human or alien, releases them. There's always a collection in every ring."

Me: "Yeah..... listen you two (refering to the Prvt.s) I know your game, don't horse around and stumble across one of those damb containment facilities. And for the love of God if you do, don't open the damn thing."

Corporal: "Yes sir!"

Me: "Thank you Corporal, but I wasn't talking to you."

--

(Y/N): "They're finally gone." You say as you drop onto your bed

George: "Yes, but was it really wise to send three Pelicans, what if they're not returned or I can't retrieve them?"

(Y/N): "That won't be a problem for you."

George: "What should we do with the prisoners?"

(Y/N): "Kill them? I don't know, I've never done this before."

Edinburgh: "Kill who?"

(Y/N): "Holy Shit! You scared me." You said, griping your chest

Edinburgh: "I'm sorry master. Are you ok?" She asks worried

(Y/N): "Yeah, I'm fine. To answer your question, I was talking about our Covie-prisoners."

Edinburgh: "Oh..... please don't kill them."

(Y/N): 'The Hell, I've explained the Covenant to her. She knows what they're capable of .'......"Sure....."

George: "The Admiral needs his sleep, please vacate the room."

-[Amber Clad]-

???: "What's the matter comrade, you seem down?"