Spotlight #1 : sarcasticoffeelover5

This month's spotlight author is sarcasticoffeelover5 with their book THOSE LOVELY SHARDS

The story "Those Lovely Shards" explores a different and vibrant plot. The characterization is immaculately done giving each character their own space to develop and show growth. The characters of Neil and Dove take us through a roller coaster ride with their sweet gestures and underlining care and concern for each other.To sum it up, the story will not only make you smile and gush but also take the reader through a reading experience filled with twists and turns that leave them thrilled.

-

We've also conducted an interview of the author!
Interested to know how this story came to be or the author's challenges of writing it? Read on to know more.

• What sparked the inspiration to write Those Lovely Shards? What challenges did you face writing it?

I was a big fan of fantasy as a genre ever since I pretty started reading. And to be able to create your own world out of a world already out there and making it even more interesting is a challenge. But a really unique one and something that always intrigued me. Which is when I decided to write my very own retelling with one of my favorite Grimm brothers' stories Snow White. And voila! That's how Those Lovely Shards came to life. As for challenged there were multiple with lack of ideas, writing intense action beats to creating a historical setting. It was something out of my forte and required a lot of work.

• What do you think makes Wattpad different from other platforms? What do you love the most about it?

Wattpad has the best community of writers and readers. And the interaction between them is what make it the best. The ability given to the readers to be able to leave comments or reaction as inline comments is truly a boon.

• How do you get out of writer's block?

Oh, I usually spend hours before I finally get to writing my novel in creating my story arcs. Having a proper planned layout of our story with different action beats and narratives can help a lot and avoid writer's block as well.

• Negative criticism is inevitable, how do you deal with it? And what would you suggest the others do when faced with such?

Fortunately yet, I haven't faced any harsh or negative remarks on Those Lovely Shards yet. But I have received a few in my other works. The best advice would be to understand whether the user or your reader is just a hater or giving you a genuine critique. You need to have a thick skin if you put your work out there on the Internet for everyone to read. Just be sure to learn something from each critiques you get and keep improving.

• What is your advice for new writers who want to try writing TeenFiction?

My advice would be to firstly write on a topic you love and are passionate about. Don't just go with the popular ones write what you can relate with or love. Even if that topic has a small audience. You will find your niche. And readers who will love your work. So don't be afraid to experiment or to write something different. In the long haul, it'd be worth it.

-

We're delighted to have sarcasticoffeelover as one of our spotlighted authors! Interested to know how you can become one? Each author in here has been noticed by us for their outstanding book. Keep working on your story and submit your story to our reading lists to get noticed more easily.