Spotlight #5: Monrosey

This month's spotlighted author is Monrosey with their story Emma That Is Dead

Emma That is Dead, revolves around teenagers Arbor and Emma two best friends whose lives are thrown into turmoil, after Emma goes missing and her truck is found tainted with blood.

Monrosey leaves the readers craving for more with each chapter making the reading experience thrilling and exciting at the same time.

The characterization, plot twists, and development throughout the story have left us perplexed with curiosity. 

•·················•·················•

We've also conducted an interview. Interested to know how this story came to be or the author's challenges in writing it? Read on to know more.

1. First of all, thank you for joining us on Author's Spotlight. To start off, we can't help but ask — What inspired the story's title? It has its own unique touch. Is there a story behind it?

I would like to start off by thanking you for inviting me. I'm so so happy to be here! Teen fiction is not only my favorite genre to write in, but it's also my favorite to read. There's just something about those angsty teen years that draws me in. In my opinion, you're NEVER too old to enjoy young adult reads!

The title of Emma That is Dead I 100% owe to my son. It's the first time ever I had the title before the story! This happened about six or so years ago during his super intense Minecraft phase. He was, once again, telling me about this game that I did not at all understand and was he talking about one character in particular? I can't remember the female name he used, but in my head, I always think he said "Paula". No clue why. But anyway, he said something along the lines of "Paula that is dead". I immediately loved that phrase and questioned him about it, though I don't remember his answer...he talked about Minecraft A LOT! But I put it in my back pocket for later because I thought it would make a super creepy title for something young adult. Fast forward to the current version of Emma, That is Dead (I went through a few plot ideas before I finally settled on this one)! A couple of years ago, I asked my son if he remembered that conversation and he said no. But he inadvertently named that story and I still love the title so much!