1

Venessa is now 18

Venessa is now 18

"Ms. Nessa." I heard a voice say. I groaned trying to drift back to sleep. "Nessa, please. I made your favorite." I heard. I popped a half lidded eye open. A tiny woman with ruby red eyes was standing in front of my bed holding a glass of water in front of me.

I sat up and grabbed it from her. "Thank you Darota." I whispered to her. She stood next to me as I took a sip from the glass. I got halfway through before handing it to her.

I got out of bed and padded towards my closet. Opening the door to the wide walk-in closet and headed for my everyday clothes. Tugging on just a black tee and denim bell bottoms. I head for the mirror.

I brushed my teeth and hair then put on a little mascara. I stared at myself for moment. I looked pretty decent today. I usually go to school with my sweats and try to go unnoticed but it's hard when you're the kid who was dropped off at the doorstep of the most feared pair in the world.

When I started school, I was able to dodge the questions of where I came from and who were my parents. But one of the teachers got too nosy and outed who adopted me as an example for introductions in class. Since then, I was ridiculed, or asked where I came from since I was adopted. Which by the way I had no idea of at the time because I was so young.

I was even laughed at for a period of time but I never let it bother me too bad because I knew if my 'parents' were standing with me they would practically kiss the ground I was walking on. So I walked with head held high and took very hit with grace.

Now, I wouldn't really call the Blooms my parents since I haven't seen them since I was 15, but even before then, I never saw them as my parents. They felt like more like my best friends more than anything. Arlo and I would joke around and crack up while Rysand would stand in the back as a big silent comforting wall.

But the older I got the more they distanced themselves and I was left here in this big empty manor. There was a time where I actually lived here on my own due to the Blooms jobs and I was so scared that I called Arlo and begged him to let Darota move in. Darota accepted the offer immediately and moved in that same day.

She's been by my side ever since.

"Miss." I was jerked from my head and looked to see she was standing there. No smile. No nothing. Just her grim expression. Her apple colored hair was pulled into a tight bun and her uniform was straight as a pin. Darota Volkov was a vampire and was a gorgeous one at that. I've asked her when she was changed and how old she was, but she scolded me and told me it unladylike to ask such question.

"Okay, I'm done." I said holding my hands up in surrender. She followed me out of the room. Going into the kitchen I was met with my breakfast waiting for me. Oooh yummy. Pancakes.