5

Arlo and Rysand sat across from me as I angrily looked out the plane window. We were currently on our way to Bloom Academy, which required a private plane since the journey would take a while.

Keep me alive? Alive?! It's like they want me dead. All that crap about missing me and caring for was complete and utter bull. I'm walking into a death trap.

"You know pouting won't change the fact that you are still going to the academy." Rysand said. I looked over to see that he was looking through a file in his lap. His long cream plaid cladded legs were crossed, his brown shiny loafers were glistening from the sunlight peeking through the windows. I eyed his long pale fingers twirling a fancy pen

Rolling my eyes I reached for a piece of paper. "Wow, thank you so much for clueing me in." I started to fold the corners over each other. As if what I suffered in the human school wasn't enough, I'm going to a monster school where I am going to die.

I folded the back fold too far and a small rip sounded in the silence between us three. Sighing i tried again and gently placed the corners together and finished the little task. The little orange origami heart I made.

My eyes flickered up a little to look at Rysand and Arlo. Just a small glimpse. None of them were paying attention to me. Arlo was lost on his Mac, typing furiously. Rysand was going through, what looked a file.

They both were so elegant in their own way. They had this aura that screamed im rich and powerful. You could tell by the cream suit Rysand now has on.

When I was younger I remember him never wearing any color at all. He was always in dark colors. Black, dark grey, and dark blue. Always those three and never ventured out. Meanwhile, I wore anything that screamed color. I remember one time I was wearing a neon pink dress to my 8th grade formal and was standing in front of both Rysand and Arlo, waiting for their approval impatiently.

"Guys." Dragging an uh sound at the end of the word. "I'm going to be late. Do you like it yes or no?" I held up my arms before smashing them back down to my sides. The pink dress stopped above my knees and was flown. I think I look pretty but from Arlo's face. I have a feeling this is gonna south.

Arlo tapped his chin and hummed. "I don't know, love. Don't you think it's a little short?" He asked with a brow raised.

"And why is she so bright." Came a bored voice from behind the desk. Rysand had a newspaper down in front of him. I think it was a different type of paper because the words "trouble between the wolves and witches rise again" was etched on the cover.

I scoffed at him, "Not all of us wanna be boring and wear black and grey all day long, Rysand."

"She's still bright." In that same bored tone as he turned a page.

"Quit it you two." Arlo growled.

I flipped the little heart onto the table before reclining the seat back. I sighed to myself and plugged in my headphones, I need some music and me time. As time passed by my eyes closed and I drifted off.

ARLOS POV

My finger traced the top of my lip as I stared at Nessa's rising and falling chest. She looks different. Smiles different. Laughs different. Smells different. I eyed her bronze legs, one was pulled up and the other was on the floor. She had on the shortest shorts I've ever seen in my life.

I've been walking behind her all all morning. I've tried not to look but you can tell she works out. Her ass look so de-

"Stop." Rysands said softly. I breathed deeply.