3

Gathering my things in my locker, I pulled on the sweater that I have sitting in my locker for whenever it gets cold in this school. Zipping it close I slammed the locker closed and hefted the heavy bag onto my shoulders.

I umpfed when it slammed on back but I had to get to the car before Arlo does. Pushing open the doors, I found Darota standing beside the open car door. She had on her tinted sunglasses on that she only wore when she's outside.

She made her towards me as I walked down the stairs. Well tried due to the heavy bag on my back. She stopped in front of me and grabbed my face.

Her cold fingers pressed around my face and I watched her expressionless face.

"Do you want me to kill them, Ms. Nessa?" She asked softly. A smiled twitched my face before I grabbed her wrists. Darota has always been there for me for as long as I could remember. She was there for every year, laughter, and mood swing. In a way I think we've grown attached to each other over the years and nothing will separate that bond.

"I mea-"

"No. Let's go." Arlo said from behind me. Darota nodded once before, in a swift movement, removed my book bag and was walking back to the car stiffly.

Arlo appeared beside me and held out his hand. Memories flashed from when he used to always hold my hands no matter where we went. He always sure I was safe and sound but then he left.

I rolled my eyes and went down the stairs by myself. I slid into the car beside Darota and crossed my arms. Arlo was directly behind me and sat on the opposite side of the car, so he was directly in front of me. I looked at him to see he frowning at me. His red eyes were even darker now then they were before.

"Vanessa." He said darkly. I raised a brow. "Yes Arlo?" I asked in sickly sweet voice.

"I understand you're upset but-" He started.

"You never answered my question." I stated. I watched as Arlo closed his eyes. Good, he's getting frustrated. Which I think is so funny because Arlo was the fun one. He never took anything too seriously and always wanted a good laugh. Rysand on the other hand? Now, he was the one who had the patience of a firecracker. You light it and it will go off immediately. That's why I tended to steer clear of Rysand when I was younger.

"New York was alright." He paused for minute. "I've missed you every day, my love." He said softly. I turned my head to look out the window. I didn't want to hear it.

"Glad to hear it. Where's Rysand?" I asked to change the topic. He didn't say anything at first but I felt the heat of his gaze on my face. "He's at the school preparing for your stay with us." He said softly.

Stay with us? I looked at him. "I thought the school you run was a boarding school? Am I not staying there?" I asked. He hummed his long fingers tapping his knee.

"No you're not. Considering your behavior these past few years, I wouldn't put it past you to cause trouble if we were to leave you unsupervised." He said with a smirk.

"Darota will be there will she not?" I asked. I felt the panic rising. She can't stay here. I don't want to leave her here by herself.

"She will be staying here, taking care of the manor." He said. I stared at him in shock. But she can't stay here. I need her. I felt a hand on mine.

"It's okay Ms. Nessa. I'll come and visit you during breaks and summer." She said in that monotone comforting voice. I felt anger bubble in me but her hand squeezed mine. She shook her head. I mashed my lips together before looking out the window.

We finally pulled into the manors courtyard and the moment the car stopped I was out. The butler in front of the door opened it. I tugged off my jacket and flung it on the couch and headed upstairs.

"Vanessa." A growl rumbled through the living room. I didn't answer him, I continued to my room at the end of the hall. Entering my room and slamming the door shut. I tugged off shirt and went into my closet.

I didn't want to talk. Quite frankly, I really wanted to throw something at the stone like beautiful face of his. Not a word and I mean not a peep from him in the last three years and all of sudden he thinks he can just pick it right back where he left off. No, he can kiss that thought goodbye.

I heard the door open and Arlo's deep sexy voice filled the room. "Vanessa." I tugged on another tank I pulled from drawer and then changed out of the mash potato stained jeans. Ugh I'm going to have to take a shower after I deal with Arlo.

I stepped out of the closet and saw that Arlo was looking around my room. He was standing in front of my achievements board I made myself.

Over the last few years at the academy, I joined a lot of clubs and ran for anything and everything, just to keep myself busy and entertained and honestly to keep myself from coming home to a cold dark empty manor.

I always felt so scared whenever I'm here bum self. It's almost like people are watching from the walls and footsteps overlap yours when you're walking down the hall to get the kitchen downstairs. You would think I would have got used to it being here since I could remember but nope I still run like my ass is on fire whenever I'm walking anywhere in this dungeon.

So, I brought it upon myself to decorate the manor how I like. I put flowers everywhere to give it that flowery smell. I've put up sheer curtains to give the dark halls character. I bought a tv for my room, the sitting room, and the kitchen so I could turn up the volume on whatever I was watching so I wouldn't hear the eerie silence of the manor.

But buying all that wasn't cheep. I totally maxed out the credit cards Arlo and Rysand gave me. Was it on purpose? Yes. Yes it was. Did I regret a thing. No. Not really.

"You were class president sophomore year?" Arlo asked quietly.

"Mhm. I won out of 4 other opponents." I answered. I looked around my room to see that it was rather empty. I guess Darota didn't waste anytime.

His finger brushed over the certificate I got. "You were on honor roll 4 years in a row?" He asked again. "And you were to be Valid Victorian this year?" Pulling the card from the board. Even thought I had a couple of professors that despised me, majority of them liked me very much. So, I was known for academics around school.

"Yep and yep." I said softly looking away to avoid the eye contact he was now giving. Breeze blew my face and the smell of him filled my nose. Gah, god damn him and his delicious cologne. I sniffed a little before shifting on my feet.

"But you have no pictures of friends? Of love-" He started but I stopped him.

"That's kinda hard to come by when you're not really liked by most of you class." I stated, I felt my ears getting hot by the second. From the corner of my eye, I swear I can see him smiling a little.

"Hm." He said. "I know I haven't said it before but I am proud of the woman you have become. Look at you." He said his hand came up and cupped my cheek. I gasped a little when it felt like a lick of fire was following his trail.

"How did you grow into beautiful, smart, and talented being?" He asked. I felt like I was about throw up from the overwhelming amount of praise. It's been so long since he's congratulated me on anything.

His smile widened, his fangs more prominent than ever, "Would you look at that?" He murmured, his cold fingers now trailing towards my neck.

My heart felt like it was about to pound out of my chest. I swallowed hard before opening my mouth. "L-look at w-what?" I stuttered.

He leaned closer, "That my little girl still seeks for my attention." He whispered. My eyes widened at the fact. I wanted to deny and tell him he can shove his approval up his a-

Careful.

I gasped loudly and clutched my head in shock. What the fuc-

"Master Arlo?" Darota said loudly. Arlo didn't move away from me. He merely hummed and was smirking at me. I was still clutching my head and was looking around confused and dazed.

"Master Rysand has arrived." She announced. Oh no. Oh man.

Now I know who's voice it was. Fuck me man.

Wow. Another update.
I'm on a ROLL MAN. I THINK ITS BC IM JUST SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS SERIES. OKAY WELL THANKS FOR READING AND ILL ULDATE SOON. MUAH.