04

A month. A month had passed. A month of utter silence between Leighton and Alea. They don't speak. Even in their sessions, it'll rarely be a mumble of a question and a whisper of an answer here and there but other than that?

They don't speak. Their intolerance for each other, still grows. It's so strong, Leighton can physically feel it. They both don't bother apologizing mainly because of pride and partly because they can't. They said things that will always affect the other and there's no way of fixing that, how can a simple sorry fix what's already been done?

They brought up trauma that the other had experienced, they brought up personal and deep topics. There was no way of trying to take all of that back. Aside from physical attraction, he didn't feel anything for her except hostility other than that?

Nothing. He felt nothing for her aside from that, when he saw her he felt nothing but slight animosity.

His feelings were like a blank canvas with no hope of ever being painted.

Thursday, October 14th

____

Alea had already begun composing of his notes and assignments. Fixing and adding on words here and there in his essays and worksheets. His work wasn't hard and for the most part, he knew what to do he just doesn't do it.

He goes to his courses infrequently, not caring much about what he misses.

He'd prefer to stay home in bed and not have to do anything but sleep.

Childish, yes he knows but he'd rather be lazy now than when he has to not be. Leighton was deathly behind though, so maybe getting some extra help here and there wasn't as bad as he thought.

He'd just rather it be anyone else.

Leighton doesn't say anything when Alea pulls out more and more notes. He doesn't say it but her notes help him a lot, they're neat and insanely easy to comprehend.

He appreciates it but he keeps it to himself.

They don't make eye contact when she hands them to him, her radiant brown eyes never venture too far, making sure that they never met his grey ones. You can feel the awkwardness in the room.

No one says a word, like there's something they both want to say but don't.

They don't because speaking it into existence would make it exist. And so, they'd both rather keep it themselves.

-

Alea leaves out first as usual. Rushes out without a word, again as usual. Leighton had no idea what her schedule consisted of but it seemed like she would rush everywhere she'd go, as if she had a million things to do in the span of 24 hours.