20

November 12th, 2022

over 2 months ago..

5:30 p.m

"You're rude." Hayden tells Alea as the both of them are in the library. On the contrary, Alea's actually studying while Hayden is slightly high.

NYU's library is vast and big enough for everyone to do their homework and study and do projects without anyone bothering anyone but just her luck, Hayden Zhang had to be there too.

And he was set on bothering her.

Why did he decide to go to the library high? The world will never know.

"I'm aware." She tells him, never looking up from her studies.

"And brutally honest." He adds.

"Yes.." To say she was irritated would be an understatement.

"And just plain cruel."  He adds, again.

"Are you going to get to the point now or are you just going to continue to bother me?" Alea asks, finally looking up from her textbook on innovations of marketing, what she should be reading and taking notes on.

"See! Just proved my point." Hayden says, slouching over the chair to face her.

"What point?" She asks angrily.

"That you're mean."

"Yes, you've mentioned that already." Alea didn't have time to be conversing in such a pointless conversation yet he was provoking such anger in her she couldn't help but reply.

"Why is that?"

"Why is it that you're insufferably annoying?" She counters, her bad mood only increasing.

"That's just who I am. To my core."

"Hm. I think you got your answer then."

"Nope. That's not it. People aren't born mean. They're made that way."  Alea tilts her head as she asks,

"Do you have anything else better to do than to disturb and infuriate me?"

"No, not really kiddo."

Alea rolls her eyes at the idiotic boy before going back to looking at her textbook.

"Come on! Just- what's that word again? Engage me? No, um.."

"Indulge me! That's the one." Hayden smiled at getting the word out, pointing in the air.

"Just indulge me. Pleaseeee?"

Out of fury and rage, Alea snaps.

"What do you want me to say? That personal life experiences have made me the way that I am? That my mom dying and my uncle killing himself only months after— has changed me?"

"Made me mean and cruel and unloving and uncaring. Because yes, yes it has." Alea can't even stop the words coming out of her mouth as she's just so incredibly annoyed and irritated,

"I'm getting meaner by the day and I can't even help it. Each day that passes by, I just get more and more sick and tired of everyone else in the world."

"So I'm sorry, Hayden. I'm sorry I'm not some ditzy daisy of a person like you, is that what you so desperately wanted to hear?" Alea asks.

There's silence for a while before he speaks,