Chapter 4

Beacon Academy dorms

Paul woke up from his sleep feeling amazing. For the first time in years he had a good sleep. It was 4:55 PM when he fell asleep and now the clock on the wall read 3:13 AM. He would've liked to sleep a little more but he was still grateful for being able to sleep for more than 2 hours a day.

His three other roommates were sound asleep. Not wanting to disturb them, he entered the bathroom quietly. In there he decided to take a long bath. For years he washed himself in cold rivers,  hot baths seemed like a long lost dream for him, but there it was, an instant warm bath waiting for him to get in. 

Paul spent some 45 minutes relaxing in the bathtub. He didn't want to leave, but he knew he had to.

Exiting the bathroom now dried up, he left his room and went to explore the city a bit.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Vale City

The German walked through the Valeian streets un disturbed. Most shops still hadn't opened yet and there was no one walking in the sidewalks.

He was looking for an open shop, he hadn't received the allowance yet, so he was going to sell the crystal that brought them there in the first place. After looking for a while he stumbled across a dust shops named From Dust Till Dawn. Paul found the name pretty weird but he still entered the shop.

The shop was messy. The walls had bullet holes, some of the display glass was broken, shelves were on the ground.
The old man working the counter, explained there was a robbery attempt a few weeks back, he was apparently injured and spent some weeks in the hospital, after he returned, he began fixing the mess the robbers had made, tho he was still far from done.

Paul really couldn't care less about what happened here, he just wanted to sell his crystal. The dust crystal he brought in was bigger than the average one. He was only able to fish 36 lien for it.
Paul was disappointed, he really expected that crystal to be worth thousands. In Earth he would've been rich if he sold that.

Exiting the store he headed to the nearest pawn shop. He had seen the owner opening it a few minutes ago and hoped that they sold what he was looking for.

Fortunately they did. He bought a silver picture frame for 20 lien. Paul thought that was too expensive but where else could he go, everywhere else was still closed.

Paul walked out the shop with his picture frame in a shopping bag. He headed to a nearby park where sat down at a bench.

There he reached into his pocket and took out a black and white picture. The picture was of a family of 4. A mother that stood to the right, a father that stood to the left, and 2 kids the oldest one was in between both of her parents. While the youngest sat in a chair appearing below the oldest daughter.

It was a picture of Paul's family. He was the smallest one sitting in the chair. Knowing that he was not on earth anymore, he knew this was the last thing he had that reminded him of his family, so he had to take care of it.
He put the picture in the frame, and admired it for some time, before taking out a cigarette and lighting it.
He stayed in that park for an hour before going back to the dorms
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Beacon Academy

On his way back to the dorms,the sun was starting to rise.
While walking Paul got distracted watching one of the bullheads take off, he was so distracted that he didn't notice there was someone in front of him.