Chapter 11

Paul ran as fast as he could to catch a transport leaving for the stadium. He had overslept that night and his friends decided it would be a great idea not to wake him up. He barely managed to reach to last transport. By the time he got in, he was a sweating mess. It didn't help that all seats were taken so he was forced to stand for the duration of the ride. Once he had made it into the stadium he looked around for his friends. The match between teams RWBY and ABRN had already begun. Paul hoped his mates had saved him a seat.

Not being able to find any of his friends and with most of the seats already taken he sat on the only empty seat he saw. He didn't even had time to buy any food or water, this greatly bothered him as he was still thirsty from all the running.

Concentrating on the match, Paul saw Blake clashing blades with Reese. This continued for a while, both girls seemed to be stuck in a continuous loop of Blake striking and Reese using her hoverboard as a shield. It wasn't until Reese decided to go on the offensive that Blake saw an opportunity.

Reese charged at Blake using her hoverboard for speed. Blake spawned a shadow clone in front of her opponent forcing her to jump, giving Blake the chance to strike at her, cutting her hoverboard in half. Now in the air, Reese transformed the broken pieces of her hoverboard into pistols, firing energy blasts at Blake. This lasted until she fell on her ass making Blake and members of the audience cringe in pain. Paul on the other hand laughed his ass off.

On the other side of the arena, Yang and Arslan were exchanging blows. At one point Yang blasted Arslan away sending her flying a few meters back but she quickly got back on her feet. Yang attempted to land some kicks on her but Arslan pulled out her string weapon (I don't know what it is) causing Yang to trip before being kicked into the ice part of the Lava-ice themed arena. Yang was having a hard time getting on her feet due to how slippery the ground was. When she was finally able to stabilize herself it was already to late and Arslan delivered a blow to her stomach that caused her to go flying.

Yang landed right besides Nadir Shiko, the pink haired boy. He aimed at her with his rifle but before he could fire, Ruby shot some of the crystals behind him causing them to explode and trap his legs under ice.

"Got your back!" Ruby exclaimed

"Who's got yours?" Said Bolín sneaking up behind Ruby

Before he could do anything however Weiss came flying and kicked him sending him away.

"My bff" Ruby said happily causing Weiss to groan and move on

As Bolín was charging up an attack Weiss rushed him and was able to slash him several times before he inevitably blocked her. Weiss the summoned a glyph that allowed Ruby to jump high in the air. She tried to strike Bolin with her scythe but he was able to block her attack as well. Luckily Ruby had an ace up her sleeve and fired Crescent Rose directly into his chest.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

The fight ended in a victory for team RWBY. Paul was impressed by the girls performance, he knew they were powerful but not to this extent. It kinda made him feel a bit useless.

He was most impressed by Weiss's performance during the fight. At one point she summoned a giant fist of ice to crush her opponents.

That also left him wondering what type of stuff did she summon when she wasn't in a fight.

Since the match was over he decided to head down for lunch. He saw none of his friends on the way down, he started wondering if they even showed up to the match in the first place.