3: A Baby is Born

About 8 months later

Maura's been pregnant for a while now, and she's finally in labor. We've done all the normal things that people do during pregnancies. We've had a baby shower, a gender reveal. All that jazz.

Now I'm freaking out because I'm about to be a dad and I don't know if I can do it. Especially since I know Maura isn't going to be much help.

Maura's been in labor for about 2 hours and she's just now 10 centimeters dilated.

Maura and I haven't discussed anything about the baby. She told me I have to decide everything since she doesn't want it anyways.

So, I get to name her, which is a very nerve wracking thing to do. I mean this is the name my kid will have for the rest of her life.

But, I've decided on the name Skyla Rose Moore. My mother's name was Rose and I wanted to name my daughter after my mother.

I doubt Maura's family will be happy that I didn't name my daughter after them, but in my defense, I was left to name her myself.

I plan on leaving when the baby is born. I will fight for custody of I have to.

The doctor walked in and instructed Maura to start pushing.

This is it. It's happening.

Maura was screaming and crying. She tried reaching for my hand, but I pulled away.

The last thing I needed was to not be able to feel my hand.

It took about a good hour before I heard cries coming from Skyla.

Maura looked relieved. I could already tell she didn't want anything to do with it.

The doctors rushed off to clean the baby and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

The doctors came back and tried to hand Maura the baby. She grimaced but took her anyways. As soon as Skyla was in her arms, the baby started crying and wouldn't stop.

Maura gestured over to me. I walk over, eager to see my hope. Maura put the baby in my arms and she instantly stopped crying. Maura fell right asleep.

I looked down at Skyla. Her soft little cheeks were so round and chubby. She was the cutest thing I've ever seen. She had most of my features, which I was grateful for.

She had a thick head of black hair just like me. She was so precious. It finally felt like I had something to live for.

My hope.

Sorry this chapter is so short! I wanted to get this out sooner, but I've been busy. Anyways, now that Skyla is born, do you think Maura is gonna change?