AFTERWORD

I'd like to thank everyone who has read my story and have followed me on this journey throughout the months. Starting out I was worried that my writing wouldn't meet peoples expectations but I am surprised and glad to hear that many think of my work as some if the best they've read. I'm very grateful for that and all those who have shown deep interest in my story and have helped inspire me to continue on writing despite my wavering enthusiasm and motivation.

When I first started this story, it was out of dissatisfaction at the pathetic state of the humans in this world. I understand its a dragon-focused series and humans are bound to be sidelined, but even in the human-centric story of Dragonslayer, it shows how inept they are.

And so the Bush Clan was made to provide a not-so-pathetic view of the scavengers/humans who actually try to adapt and innovate to use their environment in ingenious ways just to survive.

However, I didn't just want that. I also wanted dragons who would understand these scavengers; who wouldn't judge them as mere pests. I wanted more dragon-scavenger interactions that try to understand and learn from each other. And so this story was written.

I apologize if the story felt like it had ended too soon. This is my first proper fanfic I've ever written so I wasn't sure if I would have the enthusiasm to write a longer story.

The story was originally supposed to just be about Persevere and the bush clan in general. Originally the scavenger perspective would've been through Fern's eyes before I gave it to Cloud instead. Cloud was made as an afterthought to give a deeper perspective into the Bush Clan. As the story progressed, I realized that there's more than can be done regarding Cloud and Persevere's relationship but I never planned it out ahead of time and so it messed with the release schedule I had in mind.

Maybe I'll do a definitive version some day that includes additional scenes during the various time skips in the story especially between their first proper meeting and the final confrontation.

For now this story is finished. But the journey has not ended. I have many other ideas I want to explore and hopefully I'll have the enthusiasm to write them in the future as more official books get released and other fan stories continue to inspire me.

Hopefully you will continue to walk with me again on the next journey I will undertake. For now this will be it. See you in the next story.