EXTRAS: Character Bios

Persevere of the Rainwings

Species: DragonTribe: RainwingAge: 8 (As of 5,011 AS)

Species: Dragon
Tribe: Rainwing
Age: 8 (As of 5,011 AS)

Persevere is a male Rainwing who is studying a peculiar group of scavengers hidden in the southwestern portion of the Rainforest Kingdom.

He's mostly reserved but will talk your ear off when its about something he likes. He is prone to brooding and often blames himself when things go wrong. However he can be rather joyful and caring around the people he likes and care for.

When he was a dragont, he found an injured scavenger in the woods while he was out playing. He wanted to help them and so he brought the scavenger to the healer's hut to hopefully treat them. After the scavenger recovered, Persevere promised to protect them from any forest dangers and the scavenger took a liking to him. Persevere called them Thimble and they were inseparable.

Unfortunately, Thimble made an untimely end one night and Persevere was devastated. Devastated by this loss, he had secluded himself away from the other rainwings and developed an obsession with scavengers in order to learn more about them and protect them better.

Persevere wasn't completely alone however as his ramblings about scavengers had taken the interest of another rainwing, Jovial, who insisted on hanging out with him despite his hesitence.

Persevere eventually warmed up to Jovial presence and they became best friends. However, his status as an obsessive rainwing didn't give him any favors in the village and so he left the rainwing village to find more scavengers elsewhere.

Persevere headed north to a southern sky kingdom village where he learned how to read and write.

Unfortunately, finding scavengers to study had proven to be no easy task and coupled with the ongoing war, Persevere decided to just return to the rainforest and live somewhere outside of the rainwing village.

Persevere has relatively weaker poison. Scale contact with his poison is not usually fatal but still burns a lot. But being hit in the eyes will surely cause blindness. If the poison enters the bloodstream, the poison is slow acting but very much fatal unless an antidote is administered.

Cloud of the Bush Clan

Species: Scavenger(Human)Tribe/Clan/Community: Bush Clan of the RainforestAge: 16 (As of 5,011 AS)

Tribe/Clan/Community: Bush Clan of the Rainforest
Age: 16 (As of 5,011 AS)

Cloud is a young boy who always wanted to be a skywatcher. When he was younger, he looked up to his mother who was the skywatcher captain at the time before his uncle Fern took over. His mother died to an unknown disease and left Cloud feeling devastated. However, he did not let that keep him down and, inspired by his mother, decided to become a skywatcher just likeher.

He began asking his uncle for training to become a skywatcher but he would be quickly shot down at every chance citing that Cloud was too young and that skywatcher work would be too difficult and dangerous for the boy. This did not deter the young Cloud and so the boy secretly asked his father for a personalized grappling hook so he could start learning how to climb.

Every night, Cloud would sneak out to start climbing the trees, although he would fail many time before he finally got a hang of it. When he finally managed to get over the tree tops, he was captivated by the sight of the night sky which hardened his resolve to be a skywatcher even more.

When Cloud was almost of age, he would again start demanding lessons from his Uncle Fern who would still shot down his request at every turn. But Cloud relented and eventually Fern agreed to let him on the condition that he personally train Cloud and that Cloud must listen to every word his uncle says. Also Cloud must first go through hunter training before he could handle the skywatchers training.

Cloud carries a dagger that used to belong to his mother. It was expertly forged and is said to be able to pierce dragon scales.