𝖎. i'd rather burn as a witch

S01 E01 / 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

✧༺ 2 YEARS LATER ༻✧

    "What are you? Some kind of witch?"

A smile twitched in the corner of her lip as she held out the newly opened beer bottle, fire dancing in her eyes from the bonfire behind him. His question was said with raised eyebrows, half a joke and half the kind of pick up line that could get him trouble--

Haphazardly, Rosy Santos just shrugged.

That was a very interesting question that required a very interesting answer.

  "The politically correct term is bitch..."

The answer came drifting through the air from a drunk blonde, kamikazying into the conversation from the side. She came with the heavy smell of liquor and beer, slinging her arm around Rosy's neck with an equally tipsy smile. Rosy swayed under the weight of her, extremely sober and amused by her friends appearance.

The blonde took one look at the jock that had asked Rosy to open their beer bottle, eyes narrowing as she squinted through the twilight gloom. She pointed a finger at him.

Unceremoniously, the flirtatious smile slid off of his face.

  "But you better put badass in front of it," Her words slurred slightly, "Rosy is a badass bitch--"

Rosy's smile blistered through the warmth from the bonfire as the jock blinked between the two of them. She understood the blank, slightly cloudy look in his eye: it was evening, a weekday in September and there was already so much more to deal with at their annual beginning-of-the-school-year bonfire party-

And, naturally, a drunk Caroline Forbes was a force to be reckoned with.

The people around them turned to stare, watching as Caroline responded to what had almost been a bat signal thrown out by the other teen. As Rosy had communicated panic through eye contact across the fire, the jock had flirted with the idea of putting his arm around her.