𝖎𝖛. smells like team spirit

S01 E02 - E03 / 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

IMPORTANT TRIGGER WARNING ✸ for suicide
(.i.e. depiction/reference to katherine's death)

all references will be marked with this symbol: ✸
feel free to read around these sections if you feel comfortable to do so.
please put your health and wellbeing in priority over your readership.
thank you !! x

Well, that was another question that Rosy hadn't anticipated asking herself this week:

What do you do when you see a stranger, barely an acquaintance, bleed out and die right in front of you?

(The answer? Sit there for five minutes with your heartbeat in your ears and blink your way back to coherence while Caroline Forbes tugs at your sleeve.)

Rosy really hoped the correct and final answer was to ignore it.

But she knew she couldn't.

Who could ignore that?

She knew that she'd stay up all night, staring at the ceiling and watching it on repeat at the back of her mind. Over and over. Over and over, until gore blurred into gore and her palms were sweaty with the brutality of it.

That was another thing about Rosy. She never slept if she had any say in it. She was an insomniac that preferred to lie awake with burning eyes and heavy limbs that begged her just to let go—

No.

What was worse to a girl who had died than closing her eyes tight and slowing her breathing... falling into some subconscious hitch between the living and the not... wandering through the inside of her eyelids and counting the rise and fall of her chest...?

Yeah, the obvious answer was not much.

Whatever the comet had shown her would not be forgiving.