𝖎𝖎. civil hands left unclean

S01 E02 / 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

...community rattled by a series of unsettling attacks on the town...

Rosy was trying her best to ignore the sound of the television in the next room.

Emphasis on trying.

It was wrapped up in the conclusion she'd come to after asking herself the following question:

What were you supposed to do when the girl your ex had cheated on you with had been left for dead the evening before?

Was there a WikiHow for this kind of thing? A Quora thread? A ten step program on how to not think about it at all?

Because it had been her only thought as she'd woken up in the Gilbert house that morning and the answer to everything, so she'd believed since she'd picked up a certain hobby, was food.

The morning after Vicki Donovan was attacked, Elena blinked at her from the bottom of the stairs, bag over her shoulder as she looked between Rosy and the sizzling frying pan in the kitchen. She had her diary pressed to her chest and a knowing, hesitant smile on her lips as she nodded at a very familiar image.

...high school student almost fatally wounded last night...

   Rosy just beamed over at her, spatula in one hand, "I made pancakes."

  "Yeah," Elena's amusement sparkled in her eyes, "I can see that."

...stepped away from a party at the Falls...

Rosy turned her back, humming lightly to drown out the screen that had been left on somewhere in the house.

She wasn't sure where it was, but she was fairly sure Jeremy must've abandoned it on his way out of the door–– she'd seen him only briefly, smiling sheepishly as she handed him a cup of coffee and a pancake-to-go as he shuffled out of the house silently in the early hours of the morning.