Chapter 7 - Nightmare

11 November 2022

Dr Vencifer's POV

After arriving at Marianna's bedroom, I unlocked the door and motioned for Marianna to go inside. She looked up at me suspiciously before sighing and entering her bedroom. "There's some clean clothes on your bed," I began while looking down at Marianna, "Go have a shower and get changed." She nodded at me slowly before taking the clothes and walking over to the bathroom.

"Can I close this door?" She asked softly while motioning towards her bathroom door.

I nodded down at her before continuing, "I'm just going to wait outside your room while you sort yourself out." She looked down in embarrassment before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

"Can you please get a nurse for me?" I asked while turning to face one of the security guards, Kane. "Tell her I need her to bring some warm milk for Marianna." He nodded in my direction before walking off down the hallway. "You can go now too if you want," I whispered as I redirected my gaze to the other security guard. He smiled at me before turning and heading off in the direction of the main office.

----- 15 Minutes Later -----

"Here's the warm milk you requested," I looked up as a soft, feminine voice spoke. "How's Marianna? Is she feeling a bit better?"

"Thanks Amy," I sighed softly, "she's dosed up on lorazepam so I imagine she's probably still feeling a bit disoriented."

Amy nodded up at me in understanding. "Where is she?" She asked.

"She's having a shower at the moment," I began, "she's been in there for a while so I was gonna ask if you could go check on her for me. Is that alright?"

Amy nodded again before cautiously approaching the bathroom. "Marianna, are you alright in there?" She asked while knocking gently on the door.

Marianna's POV

I was still feeling dizzy from the medication the nurse gave me so I was sitting on the floor of the shower. My vision was a bit blurry and everything around me seemed distant. I heard a knock at the door followed by a muffled voice. I tried responding but I felt too weak to say anything.

I looked up as I heard the door sliding open. A nurse stuck her head into the bathroom and looked around slowly. "Hi Marianna," she began slowly, "I think it's time for you to come out now. Dr Vencifer's got a drink for you."

I groaned softly and looked at the floor in embarrassment. I hated people seeing me naked. I heard her muffled footsteps slowly approaching me before the warm water suddenly stopped pouring over me.

"Come now Marianna, dry yourself off and come out once you're dressed," she continued slowly. "I'll give you some privacy." I nodded gently before slowly climbing to my feet. I continued focusing on the floor as I wrapped myself in the towel.

Dr Vencifer's POV

Amy and I were standing outside Marianna's bedroom when we heard the bathroom door sliding open. I looked up and noticed that Marianna appeared to be quite disoriented. She slowly made her way over to her bed and sat down, moving as far into the corner as she could.

"Here Marianna, have some of this," I began slowly, "it should make you feel a bit better." I extended my arm to hand her the cup of warm milk

Marianna looked up at me before taking the cup and slowly drinking the warm milk. Once Marianna was finished drinking, I took the cup off her.

"Dr V... Vencifer..." she stuttered softly, "I feel really dizzy."

I offered her a gentle smile before continuing, "don't worry, that's just the medications. It does that to prevent you from doing anything stupid or dangerous to yourself or others. It will wear off overnight while you're asleep. Goodnight Marianna."

Marianna's POV

I looked up as Dr Vencifer and the nurse exited my bedroom, turning off the lights and locking the door behind them. I sighed softly to myself before climbing under the blanket and slowly drifting off to sleep.

----- 5 Hours Later -----

"No... stop... get off me..." I cried out as the man hovered over my small body.

"Shut the fuck up you stupid little bitch," he sneered before forcefully entering me. I cried out in fear and agony as I waited for it all to be over.

My eyes flew open and I sat up. I looked around, realising I was alone in a dark, familiar room. I was breathing heavily and I could feel the tears streaming down my face. "It was just a dream... get it together... it wasn't real..." I thought to myself. As I calmed down more, I noticed that my clothes were drenched in sweat.

I was distracted from my thoughts as I heard my door open. My head snapped up and my anxious gaze fell upon a nurse who had a look of concern painted across her face. "Marianna, are you alright? What happened?" She asked softly.

"I couldn't sleep, I had a bad dream..." I sighed. "Why are you here?"

"I've come to check on you," she began cautiously, "we check on all patients, especially the ones who have been sedated, every hour to make sure they're okay and still breathing."

"Oh..." I sighed, looking down at the floor. "What time is it?"

"It's approximately 6am so you'll need to stay in here until your day nurse comes to let you out of your room. Would you like me to bring you something to drink or a book to read?" She asked.

"No thank you, I'm okay," I continued. "Is it alright if I have a shower? I feel gross." The nurse nodded down at me.

"There should be a spare change of clothes under your bed. Go have a quick shower and get dressed. Your day nurse should be here shortly," she replied before leaving my bedroom and locking the door behind her.