Chapter 2- Peace Amidst Chaos

**************************************
                 ALEXANDREA'S POV
**************************************

I stared in shock at the man in front of me who not only looked like my mate but also had my mate's mark on him.

"I hope you can recognize both the marks. This and the star on the back of my neck." He spoke.

I was shell-shocked. How is it possible. Maybe it's some trick. Sky's right, I did see Xander die.

*But we didn't feel the mate's bond fading after his death*, Seph mindlinked to me.

*What about the pain of dying we felt?*, I replied to her.

*I don't understand that myself Andrea. I'm as Clueless as you but I know one thing for sure, that the man standing in front of us, is actually and truly our mate*, Seph replied.

*How could you be so sure Seph? It could be another trick. Did you forget how Maximus possessed Dad!*, I reminded her.

*No, I haven't forgotten their possession ability. I don't know if he is the leadsr or not, but that guy is Xander, our mate! Because not only can we not feel our mate bond to be broken but also I could feel Xander's wolf, Xavier in him! And no one can do any kind of magic to take over another's wolf, so that has to be Xander as Xavier is there in him.*, Seph shouted back while explaining.

I shut my eyes and tried to reach out to Xavier and to my complete shock, even I felt Xavier's presence inside the man in front me. I looked at him still trying to understand what's going on.
He closed his eyes and then when he opened them back, they were glowing gold.

My eyes widened again in shock.

"Impossible! Alpha King?", I heard Dimitri, Xander's Delta, utter in complete shock.

The Leader looked at him and nodded then shifted his attention back to me.

"Now do you believe me? Or do you need to talk to Xavier as well, though I'm sure you're wolf would've already sensed his presence.", he replied.

"But how is it possible? You're the Leader of the Madmen! You're evil incarnate! How could you be my mate? As much as I want to believe that this is for real, I need to know who you truly are?", I asked him.

He nodded.

"My name is Charles Xander Kirigan. I am you're mate and I'm a hybrid. The first and original hybrid to ever exist, just like how you are the original tribrid. I am the Alpha King and the Alpha of the Cresent moon pack as well. Now you know why Xavier was so powerful. He's always been my wolf, the original Hybrid Wolf.", He introduced himself.

I couldn't believe my ears. My mate had always been the Leader in disguise but how the hell is that even possible and what was the whole thing about Xander dying then?

"So you're trying to tell me that somehow you had escaped your prison years back and then became the Alpha King? That you, the leader of these terrible Madmen, have been my mate since the beginning ??!", I replied in disbelief.

"Well yes and no. It's complicated. If you give me the chance to explain, I'll tell you everything in details.", Charles Xander answered.

Before I could reply, Connor shouted from behind, "Do you think Andrea's that crazy to fall for your disgusting trick! Andrea don't you dare listen to him! He's just using your mate's body. Who knows maybe he's been fooling you ever since you met Xander!"

As much as I wanted to doubt on Xander, I couldn't. No matter how many times I think about it, somehow deep within my heart, I have this feeling that he's telling the truth. It's like my gut and my heart both believe him and want to give him a chance.