Chapter 9- The Secret of the Shadowis Blade-II

"What the fuck?! You found your mate kissing your brother? Shit now I understand what Azireah meant when she said that General Kirigan was betrayed by his brother and his mate.
Oh my God! I can't even imagine how you felt in that moment!", I exclaimed.

I felt my heartbreak for my mate. Just how much has he been through?
Finding your mate with someone else is physically painful as it is but witnessing it, is another thing.

I moved my hand to hold his and intertwined our fingers. Xander looked at me and gave a smile despite seemingly in pain while remembering the distant flashback.

Even though I know it's painful for Xander to remember all those memories again, he still tried to continue the story. But before he could say a words, I turned to Azireah and asked her,
"You went behind Serafine when she ran away. So what happened after you found out that she just decided to abandon her mate and kiss his own twin brother?"

"I-I... I can't explain it so it's better if you see it for yourself", Azireah replied.

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO EVEN SEE THAT CHEATING AND BACKSTABBING BITCH'S FACE", Xander shouted furiously.

I jumped a little seeing his sudden outburst. I could see him seething in anger. So I turned completely towards him and kept my right hand on his chest. I quietly guided his hands around my waist to keep him steady and moreover to make sure he doesn't end up harming himself or throwing anything. Then I put my other free hand on the side of his face as I gently lifted his chin so that he could look at me.

"Hey... hey.... Baby look at me.... it's ok.... it's only a memory..", I spoke in a soft and loving voice.

He looked at me with so much of pain in his eyes. I understood it right then that he didn't wish to see her by reliving the memory not only because he is angry at her but also because it is too painful for him to remember her betrayal. It may just be like a movie for me to see but for him, it was his reality once. It's like watching it happen all over again by showing to me each and every memory so that I wouldn't have a doubt on whether he told me the whole truth or not.

But in order to do so, he's living through the hell that he's already once been through and now he's watching ir unfold all over again.

"I-I can't.... I don't want to remember that scene.... Some wounds just never heal, no matter how much time passes.... So please Andrea, I beg you that don't ask me to-", Xander spoke in almost a whisper and cutting off in the middle.

It was almost like he was rather speaking to himself than telling me. Also this was the first time, I had ever seen this absolutely strong man beg someone. I genuinely cannot even imagine the pain he would've gone through.

*It's more than what meets the eye, Andrea. I don't think it's just the emotional pain or betrayal... Just what the hell happened with our mate?*, Seph spoke through our mindlink.

*Yeah... even I feel the same. Which is exactly why I want to know what actually happened after that, because the man I know, would never break so easily. So if he's this distraught over a memory, it definitely indicates that something even worse happened after this and I need to know what!*, I replied to her.

Seeing Xander's resigned and broken spirit, I rested my forehead against his and whispered back,
"It's okay, Love.. You don't have to, if you don't want... Only I'll see that memory, if it is okay with you?"

"Y-Yeah... okay", Xander whispered.

I gently stroked his cheek with my thumb as I reminded him,
"One more thing... I'm here for you, always and forever... and I'm not gonna ever give up on you... You got that?".