Chapter 14- The Woman in White

A couple of days had passed and I came back home to Atlantis. While I was managing everything back home, not even once did I hear anything back from Xander or Alaric yet. Only ones who kept contacting and updating me were Selene and Azireah. Apparently, Azireah had been helping Selene in her mission to find the spy and taking care of all the other Supernatural communities' leaders who had joined forces against the threat of Madmen and their leader.

Who knew that being seen as heartbroken person would actually help me so much. Like seriously, some people out of genuine empathy and others out of pity, practically made sure that I was not burdened with too much work and responsibilities. Though, I suppose their reason behind doing this is to make sure that I have enough time to mourn before we head to the final battle against those crazy Pyromancers.

So during the time I was here in Atlantis, I spoke to Kathreen and Mum that I suspect a spy to be working within our ranks. Though honestly speaking, I am not sure who among the Atlanteans or wolves or vampires, is the spy. Or perhaps the spy is from a completely different Supernatural species.

Right now, I am resting in my room after a really long day. I have been terribly missing Xander, who apparently hasn't contacted at all since that day. Even though I know he is alive and well, given the fact that no would dare to mess with him now, but I still cannot shake off that terrible feeling which I felt that day when I saw him die in that memory. I don't know if I can ever get over that. Perhaps it is one of the reasons why I genuinely look heartbroken and sad.
I mean come on, I saw my mate die twice, that too within a shot span of time and to top that, the very next moment I was separated from him, so obviously I will be genuinely upset and pissed!

But what bothers me even more, is this nagging feeling in my gut.
I don't know why, but I cannot shake this thought out of my head that something is still completely off about this whole Madmen mystery. And seems like my gut feeling is humming in agreement as well.

*Also, don't you think that you are forgetting something?*, Serafine mindlinked to me.

*Uh... What is it, this time?*, I asked her while clearly being irritated at my forgetfulness, lately.

*You were supposed to find information about Ilya, the Rouge leader? Whether if he is alive or that has been resurrected or not? *, Seph spoke.

*How can he be alive at all after being torn apart?*, I asked her.

*Oh come on now! I didn't expect this from you atleast!*, Seph replied in annoyance.

*What?*, I asked her again.

*Andrea, that guy clearly appears and disappears right in front of one's eyes. That too within seconds. So are you trying to tell me that the guy who can practically disappear into thin air within a second, was actually torn apart by someone? Think on it!*, Seph explained.

After thinking on what Seph said, for a couple of seconds, I finally replied back,
*Now that you mention it, he did disappear within seconds at the park when he introduced himself for the first time. Maybe he used a similar trick on the first blood moon as well?*

*I was thinking the same thing. And to support our theory, remember that we didn't even find his body later. Also I don't think I remember Selene mentioning that she felt her mate being torn apart*, Seph replied.

I nodded and replied, *Yeah, I don't she did. She clearly said that she supposedly almost 'saw' him being torn apart by Xander but I don't recall her saying that she felt the connection being broken. So, you're right! We need to find him.
I'll send Chris with a small unit on a mission to find Ilya. Maybe finding him will answer a lot of questions.*

Seph nodded in agreement.

So I quickly made a phone call to Chris and assigned him the mission to find Ilya by any means possible. After explaining his mission to him, we decided to start the search from
Yakutsk in Russia, which was the hometown and territory ruled by Ilya's pack.

It was decided that they would leave at sunrise and I would be the only one that Chris would be reporting to.
It was already 12 am by the time I got done with the call, so I decided to turn in for the night.

I don't know how much time had passed but I suddenly found myself standing in a clearing where the grass beneath my feet were dancing with the wind. I was surrounded by the forest on one end and a waterfall on another far end. Soon enough I realized that I was at a creek but it somehow felt familiar.

I looked around and noticed I was standing alone there, on a calm, beautiful and lonely full moon night.
I closed my eyes and let the feeling of this weird calmness and peace fill me. That's when I recollected why this place looks so familiar because it's the same place where Xander died centuries before!

I quickly opened my eyes but as soon as I did, I wasn't alone anymore. There was an unfamiliar woman standing at a distance. As soon as she saw me open my eyes, she moved closer to me, until she stood a few feet apart.

Even though I wasn't sure how and what the hell was I doing here at this time or who the heck that woman was, weirdly enough, I had this strange feeling telling me that she isn't an enemy.
Even though, appearance wise, she
seemed a bit odd.

She was wearing a white cloth, like a greek Chiton that women wore in the ancient Greece. Her beautiful wavy brown hair were blowing in the wind. But it was her blue eyes that captivated me the most. I was somehow completely mesmerized by her.

"Who are you?", I managed to ask her as I tried to focus my attention on the situation rather than her alluring beauty and mesmerizing aura.

"Don't you think the more important question right now would rather be, why are you here?", she replied in a soft, beautiful voice.

Damn, even her voice is so enchanting. It is almost like music to my ears.

"That definitely is, but I suppose I may be here because this place is where someone I love was stabbed and almost killed. Since I was thinking about that painful memory for quite sometime now, it is possible that I am dreaming of the same place. However, if this is at all a dream then why are you in it?", I answered while staying firm on my question.

She smiled and replied, "I am impressed by your observation skills and memory but then again this isn't the first time that I was impressed by you. As you have corrected deduced, it is indeed a dream however there was something I thought that you should know, so here we are."

"Hmmm. Okay... So go ahead then?", I replied and raised an eyebrow, indicating her to continue.

Instead of speaking another word, she completely closed the distance between us and kissed me on my lips. I was completely startled by this but due to a weirdly familiar feeling, it took me a few seconds to get back to my senses and finally pull back.

"What the hell are you doing???", I asked her as I took a few steps back in order to put some distance between us.

She looked back at me with a heartbroken face.

Okay..... Now that was not the reaction I was expecting but why the heck am I feeling bad for her, when I should be angry at her for kissing me!

*Dumb head. That's because you failed to recognize who the heck the person standing in front of you is!*, Serafine, my wolf, shouted as she mindlinked to me.

*Huh?! How would I recognize her! I don't even know her and don't you dare tell me that lewd woman is the Moon Goddess. Even though she's dressed like Medieval or Ancient Greek, it still doesn't mean she's some Goddess. Plus why would the Goddess appear in my dream and kiss me?!!*, I replied back to her, agitated.

*You seriously are a Nut-head! How could you not recognize 'him'? Or did you forget that he is a world renowned and infamous Magic user?*, she replied back.

*Huh?!!!!!! Now you are confusing me even more!*, I replied.

*Oh for God's sake! Can't you recognize your own mate??! And here I thought those eyes were a sure give-away of his identity!*, She spoke in a pissed off voice.

I felt utterly shocked hearing her. If she is so sure of something then I know it's impossible for her to be wrong.
I looked back at the Brown haired and Blue eyed woman standing in front me, who is looking at me with confusion, sadness and concern.

"Wait a minute! YOU'RE XANDER?!!" I shouted out loud.