Chapter five

10am. Ajax, Xavier, Yoko, Lily, and I, have all gathered by the fountain in the courtyard. We make our way to the coffee shop and like Xavier said 30 minutes later we reached our destination.

Ajax held open the door for the rest of us, myself being the last to walk in. We found a table to sit at, picking up the menus. A waiter makes his way over to us.

I hear this deep yet so comforting voice, asking if we were ready to order. I look up to tell him and that's when I froze.

I lost all thoughts, I couldn't process any words. My eyes caught in his.. He was tall, i'm only 5'3 so he'd tower over me. He looked 17/18, had beautiful light brown hair, and these sage eyes which stared directly back into mine.

I was entranced. His look trapping me, I couldn't glance away.

After a minute or so of being silent Ajax interrupted my gaze. I shook my head trying to get back any sense I could gather.

"Delilah you okay? You've gone from looking like a ghost to being covered in pink?"

"Oh yes I'm fine um" I turn to the boy, "what was the- what did you say?"

What had come over me?

The boy snickered.

"I asked if you were ready to order"

There it was again.. that voice. Just as I thought I was going to be left speechless I managed to spit out a few words.

"Oh, yes of course. Can I please get a chocolate frappe."

"Sure, and everyone else?"

Everyone else at the table stated their order. The boy walked away, preparing the drinks for our table.

"Delilah you looked a little flustered there", Xavier laughed.

"No no I'm fine, not uh flustered", I couldn't stop staring at the waiter.

"Just so you know, that's Tyler. Huge jerk, don't bother with him."

I think my staring was bothering him.

We finished our drinks and started walking back to the school, everybody began sharing stories, gossiping, laughing so hard they got stitches.

But not me, all I could think about was the brown haired boy from the coffee shop. Concerned of how long I have to wait to see him again.