Chapter 10

The next morning I rise early as usual. I try my best to keep hidden the smile attempting to surface.

Every time I close my eyes I feel his looking back at me. Green. Beautiful. Mysterious.

All I wish is to see more of him, although I worry if I visit the coffee shop I'll never leave.

My focus immersed by the thoughts racing through my head allows the day to slip away, classes coming and going.

12:00 arrives meaning thankfully, it is finally time for lunch, and i'm starving. I join Xavier at the table he's sitting.

"Did you get back okay last night? Sorry I couldn't be there to help out with closing and leaving you alone with Tyler."

"Oh it's alright he gave me a ride home since it was raining so hard."

"He what?"

"Tyler drove me here last night."

"I'm even more sorry."

"No don't be, it was actually quite.. pleasant", I explain.

A glazed look overcomes him as he looks to the ground.

We continue eating in silence for another five minutes before Xavier stands up from the table.

"I'll see you in Herbology this afternoon okay?"

"Yeah I'll see you then, bye", I wave as he leaves for his class.

2:30 p.m.

I take my seat next to Yoko, glancing across the room to see Xavier sitting  with Ajax. This next class usually isn't too bad. I enjoy the experiments we complete as we mix substances produced by different plants to make reactions.

I watch the clock, tapping my pen on the table as I wait impatiently for Miss Thornhill to stop discussing the process of photosynthesis.

3:27, 3:28, 3:29.. At long last the bell rings as the clock strikes 3:30 p.m.

As I scurry to gather my books I hear a giggle come from Ajax standing beside me.

"What's your rush", he questions, a grin covering his face.

"I'm not rushing I just have places to be."

"Oh yes, and where would that be."

"Well that is none of your business."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with.. Tyler dropping you home last night? Would it?"

"What?! No. Wait how did you know?" I query trying to keep my tone level.

"Xavier told me. You know, after I asked your cheeks went a little pink.. But if it has nothing to do with that I suppose I should let you go then", he simpers.

"Indeed", I mumble.

He turns, chuckling to himself as he departs the room.

I look to my bag for a moment before zipping it shut, hastily walking to the exit.

I begin my journey to the coffee shop, well correction to the library- but I am still debating passing through the coffee shop on my way back. It wouldn't hurt to go get an iced chocolate- I'm thirsty anyways.

I went for my walk, made it to the library and studied for an hour. I'm not sure whether the coffee shop will be open or not, but it's only 5:00 meaning I might have some luck.