Chapter eight

Xavier comes over to our table to check if we want anything. He looks exhausted.

"What's up with you?", Ajax asks after seeing the bags under Xavier's eyes.

"Nothing just we don't have enough people working here and it's been so chaotic. We really need some more employees. The past couple weeks have been so rough", Xavier responds as he rubs his face trying to wake himself up.

"Maybe it's a good idea to try and con someone into working with you." Ajax continues.

"Yeah.. But who would be-"

And just like that they both turned to face me.

"Why are you two looking at me like that?" I question.

And then it hits me.

"No I can't work here. I have no experience whatsoever"

And Tyler works here.

"Delilah, it would be a great help", Xavier pleads.

I take a moment to consider it. I can feel their stares eating away at me. Why me.

"Alright.. I'll do it.."

Why did I just agree to that.

"Are you serious??", I can see the smile forming on Xavier's face and the happiness in his eyes.

Damn it.

"Yes. I'll help out, but only for a couple weeks until you can find someone new."

"That's great! Delilah thank you.. It will be such a great help, I really appreciate it. When can you start."

"Whenever you need I suppose"

I'm going to regret this.

"How about tomorrow. The coffee shop opens at 9, so we can leave around 8. I'll walk with you. Now is there anything you two would like to order?"

"Okay"

I really should've thought this through more.

I sat there dwelling as Ajax ordered some fries, and milkshakes for the both of us.

After noticing my silence Ajax began asking if everything was alright.

I nodded comforting him by saying I was fine.

I truly wanted to distance myself from Tyler.
So much for that. I know how Xavier feels about him though.. His hate for Tyler mustn't make things easier. Maybe I can help him out in more ways than one.

We finished our food and drinks before making our way back to the school grounds. Upon arrival we said our goodbyes, separating to go our own ways. We sat with Yoko, Xavier, and a few other students during dinner.

I followed my usual night time routine, editing Wednesdays book for an hour, brushing my teeth and preparing for bed.

I get comfortable, lying with my arms crossed over my chest in a "death like" position.

Closing my eyes, I fall asleep quite quickly, trying not to dread the day ahead.