(Arc 1) Chapter 1: Insert Matt!

Hi! I'll be here to help guide you through this story! This is currently the Prologue, the beginning of the story before the good stuff comes! This isn't really that important, so skip ahead if you want!

I'll try to keep chapters long, but not TOO long :D (I'm talkin' like 1500-2500 words)

<--------------------Beginning of Chapter 1-------------------->

"Alright Eevee, use Swift!" Matt said, balling his hand. His brown hair flowed from the strong breeze of the evening while he had a single hand on his hat, preventing it from flying.

"Use Water Pulse Froakie!" the other trainer said with equal determination. He had ice blue eyes, along with whitish hair.

Both trainer's Pokémon readied their attacks, keeping their gaze on the other. Eevee charged towards Froakie with shining stars forming at the tip of his tail, while Froakie began a merciless barrage of Water Pulses right at Eevee. Both Pokémon gave it their all into their attacks, neither one of them leaving any room to breathe.

Eevee dodged every water pulse, arcing towards his opponent before sending the onslaught of stars straight at Froakie.

"Froakie, no!" the other trainer yelled out.

Froakie was stunned for a second, but caught Eevee by surprise, charging a Water Pulse and aiming it at Eevee. It hit him right in his face, sending him flying back onto Matt's side of the field.

Matt clenched his fist in frustration, but wasn't willing to give up. "He's quite the trainer, isn't he..." Matt thought to himself before yelling out, "Come on Eevee! Don't let a single move stop you!"

Eevee heard his trainer and shook his head, recollecting himself and reassuming a fighting stance.

"Let's go Eevee! Give it your all into this move!" Matt said with fire in his eyes. "Use Double-Edge!" he shouted, shooting his hand into the air.

"Don't let up Froakie, hit him with Hydro Pump!" The other trainer shouted.

Eevee felt the strength in his trainer's voice, and it powered him up. He lunged at Froakie, sprinting so fast that he was nigh-invisible. Froakie charged up his Hydro Pump in one second flat, before shooting a giant beam of water at Mach speed towards Eevee.

Eevee took the Hydro Pump attack head on. The amount of pain was almost unbearable, but Eevee stood firmly, forcing himself forward. The pressure increased as Eevee inched closer and by this point it felt as if his head was being crushed by a press. Eevee began stumbling as he could no longer hold his ground.

"Oh no," Matt thought, his eyes bulging. He could only watch as Eevee went flying back, crashing against a wall.

There was a giant crack left in the wall, with Eevee falling forward onto the dirt.

Eevee struggled to get up for a long second, but just barely managed to get back on all fours.

"Eevee! You alright?" Matt asked, his voice trembling with worry.

Eevee looked back to Matt and nodded, giving him a weak smile. Matt let out a sigh of relief, smiling back. He walked closer and whispered to Eevee.

"Alright Eevee, listen carefully. Ready an Iron Tail, but don't use it immediately, got it?" Matt said quietly, crunched down next to him.

Eevee took a second to decipher his trainer's plan, but quickly understood and nodded in affirmation.