Chapter 4: Ripped Away!

Chapter Four is finally here! This chapter will be filled with content, so enjoy!

Narrator: Last chapter, Matt had just gotten home, and is going up to study for his exams. Will this be a boring study session for our hero, or will tonight's events be life changing?

<--------------------Beginning of Chapter-------------------->

   Matt entered his room, and checked on his stuffed animal Pyro. He made sure Pyro was still under the covers, and wasn't squished.

   "Hey Pyro, I'm back. How are you?" Matt asked the stuffed animal. The stuffed animal, unsurprisingly, stayed motionless without muttering a word.

   Matt chuckled to himself, finding his joke funny. He covered Pyro all the way back up, straightening the bed sheets as well.

   Matt carried his backpack over and set it right next to his desk. He took out his notes for math first, and began to study the various formulas they had learned this semester. Despite the fact that exams were around the corner, Matt was grateful for the fact that there was no homework from any classes as a result.

   As Matt studied, he heard a gentle rumbling outside, followed by pitter patters on the roof. "Looks like the forecast was right after all" Matt thought to himself as he continued studying.

   Matt then had an internal realization. "Hold on. Wasn't the bad weather predicted to be further east of here, closer to the shoreline? What's it doing all the way inland?" Matt thought to himself as he threw down his pencil and looked out his window.

   The sun had already set, and it was hard to see anything. However, Matt did see the consistent lightning strikes, occurring one after the other, only being a second or two apart.

   Matt found it unusual, and rushed out of his room and down the stairs to where his sister was.

   "Sis, have you seen what's going on outside?" Matt asked with worry.

   His sister was chewing on a chocolate bar. With her mouth full, she responded "Hm? Oh yeah, the weather. According to the news, the storm appeared suddenly, catching all of the meteorologists off guard. Those poor nerds" she said with a laugh.

   Matt sighed in response. "You aren't worried in the slightest?"

   "Nope" His sister replied nonchalantly, taking another bite out of her bar.

   Matt put on a huge fake smile. "And may I ask why?"

   "Because these sorts of situations have happened before?" His sister said, giving Matt a playful punch, making him stumble a little. "Why're you so paranoid, little brother?"

   "I'm not paranoid. It's just... I had this weird dream last night and honestly, I feel like this storm could have some sort of relation to it. I can't prove it, it's more of a feeling. And this feeling is telling me that something bad is about to happen" Matt said.

   His sister looked at him with a thoughtful expression "I know you're upset... but that's literally the definition of paranoia" She said with a serious expression, followed by her laughing out loud. But she would soon find out that she shouldn't have.