Chapter 2: It was only Just a Dream!

Here's the 2nd chapter. Enjoy!

Narrator: After Matt woke up from his dream, he's on his way to school, but he's covered with thoughts about his dream throughout his day. What does today have in store for our hero?

<--------------------Beginning of Chapter-------------------->

   Matt grumbled as he trudged down the steps half asleep. His mother, who had been busy in the kitchen, was waiting at the bottom. She had black hair and brown eyes, and was around 5'7. Matt didn't have her hair or eye color, he got those from his dad, but he did have her facial features.

   "Well look who's finally awake," his mother said with an impatient demeanor.

   "Sorry mom. I'm just a little tired," Matt said with a fake-guilty tone, before pushing past her to get out some cereal.

   Matt's mom turned around confused. "Hold on, I cooked you some wonderful food and you're thanking me by getting some bland cereal?" she said, tapping her foot.

   "Yup," Matt replied nonchalantly, pouring cereal into a pristine white bowl.

   His mom shook her head before walking out of the room. "No appreciation for me whatsoever..." his mom muttered to herself.

   "Alone at last," Matt thought to himself, heading to the fridge and grabbing a carton of milk.

   He took one look at it before rolling his eyes.

   "She just had to leave a sixteenth of an inch left," Matt frowned, before drinking the rest straight out of the carton.

   He tossed the empty milk jug near the front door and plopped down at the dinner table, eating his dry cereal. Matt finished within a minute and put the bowl in the sink, not bothering to clean it or put it in the dishwasher.

   Trudging up the steps into the bathroom, Matt's toothbrush was noticeably wet as he grabbed it. "Don't tell me she used mine..." Inspecting the toothbrush, he didn't have any other choice but to use it despite.

   Matt was already getting fed up with the day, especially due to how his sister had woken him up roughly, left a sip of the milk, and proceeded to use his toothbrush, all without his knowledge or permission.

   After leaving his mouth dirtier than it was earlier, Matt headed into his room to change to a casual attire for school. He grabbed his backpack before heading out of the room, turning off the lights behind him.

   Just before closing the door, however, Matt quickly rushed back into his room and hugged his stuffed dog.

   "Bye Pyro, I promise I won't be gone long," Matt said softly, as if talking to his pet dog. He put Pyro under the bed covers, making sure he was comfortable.

   After putting Pyro back to bed, Matt rushed out of his room, backpack on back, ready for school.

   Just as he was about to leave through the front door, he heard his sister clomp down the stairs. Matt turned around, prepared for anything coming his way.

   "Come to give me some lip?" [Lip in this context: Informal word; Impudent, rude talk] Matt said with a visibly agitated expression.