anger

when mischa bachinski joined the st. cassian chamber choir, you just figured that he was the type to cause trouble. 

     you had heard many rumors about the new boy during the day. according to ocean, who had gym with him, he was an up to no good, troubled immigrant from ukraine. many had already started calling him "the angriest boy in town." you had been curious to see what he was actually like. although you liked to think that you never judged a book by it's cover, you could be pretty hypocritical sometimes.

     immediately after mischa was introduced to the choir, he "accidentally" knocked over one of the music stands lying around the room. you couldn't help but stare at him just a tad as he took a seat behind you, leaving father marcus to pick up the music stand. father marcus then cleared his throat and fixed his posture, taken off guard by mischa's act of disrespect.

     "so... let's begin. we have officially constructed a set list for this year's competition!" father marcus said, clapping his hands together gleefully. the choir hesitantly cheered. ocean's hand shot up quickly. "yes, ocean?" father marcus asked warily.

     "will there be any shots at a solo?" she asked, hopefully. she usually got all the solos anyway, being a soprano. you groaned under your breath. 

     "yes, there will be. this year we will be performing a new song i wrote. it's heavily inspired by traditional oriental music." you heard mischa scoff from behind you. you could also feel him kicking the back of your chair. it was... annoying, to say the least. but you decided to not ask him to stop, for you didn't want to get on his bad side. it was mischa's first day and it was safe to say that not many people wanted to try and get to know him. i mean, it wasn't like he wanted to get to know any of them either, but the least you could do was suck it up and be as nice as possible.

     rehearsal's went on for quite a while. the rest of the time was filled with going over the set list, mischa complaining, ocean complaining about mischa complaining, and father marcus trying to maintain what was left of his sanity. with all the chaos, you only got through half of the list. which would be an accomplishment if it weren't only five songs long. even with there only being a short amount of singing completed, you were quite impressed with mischa's voice. though you'd never admit it, he was stupidly good. his voice was deep and clean, you didn't really know if that made sense, but it was definitely something you hadn't heard in the choir before. 

     by the time it was over, the sky had grown darker and the air had grown colder. while you waved goodbye to the others, you shivered slightly. you refused to learn how to drive as the road "scared you," so you were waiting on your mom to come and pick you up. you heard the doors opening behind you and saw father marcus walk out.

     "great job today, y/n." he said, offering you a smile.

     "thank you." you replied, nonchalantly.

     "do you have a ride? someone coming to get you?"

     "uhm... yea, my mom should be on her way."

     "listen.. i would stay. technically i'm supposed to stay, but i really do need to get home urgently. i hope you don't mind... have a great night. i'll see you tomorrow!" you nodded in response as he skipped away to his car.

     your phone buzzed a few moments later. it was you mom, she was apologizing for being late, claiming she would be there in less than 5 minutes. you decided to just wait instead of doing your homework or anything productive. there wasn't much you could do in 5 minutes anyway. the only thing you could do was just sit and think. you thought about the new kid, mischa. you thought about his accent, his attitude, the way he presented himself, et cetera. there was something about him you couldn't quite put your finger on, so you decided to not try and figure it out. your train of thought was once again interrupted as you heard your mom honk the car horn to get your attention.

     the drive home was pretty much silent, aside from the radio and the heater. you closed your eyes and tried to fall asleep on the way home but you just couldn't. all you could think about was mischa and his stupidly good voice. you groaned. he was going to be the death of you, you could just feel it.

...