Mending Bridges

Caelum

115 AC

Daemon knew he would have to work hard to get Elaera's trust back. And he did just that.

He whipped the sloppy city watch of Everlight Haven into shape, adding their protections to the whore's in the brothels. 

The Prince of the City proceed to take it a step further so that three men were always on guard in the orphanage, with strict instructions that anyone who tried to take on the orphans to a brothel would be arrested.

This got him her trust to help him run the city and the respect of the city folk. More children were being adopted, with the adults getting thorough background checks by Teresa Tyrell information network and spies.

Mysaria had been given a promotion to Mistress of Whispers. The White Worm had a staunch supporter of Elaera, and by side affect Rhaenyra.

More men joined the Everlight Haven's City Watch, which meant there was extra men for orphanage and brothel duties.

Targaryen Family Apartments, the Midnight Fortress

"Maekar's third birthday is in six months." Elaera commented

"Will there be a celebration?" Daemon asked. He was quickly making a mental list about gifts for Maekar... his little boy had his mother's mind, but a massive fascination for dragons.

A well crafted dragon toy, one with moving limbs, wings, and head like those in Myr, would be a good gift for Maekar. Bronze in color for Vermithor, Maekar's favorite dragon.

"I've decided on a small feast and a tourney. But the more important event on the horizon is Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding, which is in three weeks." the Silver Princess.

"I have a feeling something is going to go down there." Daemon commented.

"You had to jinx it!" Elaera groaned.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!