Grim News

High Tide, Driftmark

132 AC

"It is Vaemond." Rhaenys explained. "He intends to challenge Visenya for the Driftwood Throne, as Grand Scholar Katherine has informed us."

"That orvarto." (cunt) Elaera swore.

"I've sent word to Corlys." Rhaenyra explained. "He's coming back from Braavos as fast as he can with Lucerys, Visenya should be here in a few days. Harwin is coming back from Harrenhal as well."

Following Laenor's death, she had married Harwin Strong and together they had Lucas Strong in 127 AC and Katherine Strong and Aemma Strong in 129 AC. The twin girls were named for Harwin's mother Lady Katherine Strong nee Blackwood and Queen Aemma.

Lyonel had died in 129 AC, with Harwin barely escaping the flames. He was lord of Harrenhal now, and it was whispered that Larys had started the fire that killed Lyonel Strong.

Otto Hightower was unfortunately Hand of the King, again.

"Vaemond will most likely be backed by the Greens." Elaera mused. "Does Corlys have a will?"

"He does." the Realm's Delight grinned. "We can use that in the hearing."

"I'll fly ahead to see about Viserys." the Queen Who Never Was promised. "We'll need as much support as we can get, Viserys's condition is not looking so good."

Elaera and Rhaenyra exchanged a pained glance. Their relationship with their father had become strained since Aemma's death.

But he was their father, and they loved him.

It hurt them to know that he was dying.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.