Royal Wedding

Great Hall of the Red Keep, King's Landing

115 AC

"Something is going to go wrong." Elaera commented quietly in High Valyrian, sipping her ice honey milk. She disliked ale and while she did enjoy wine, she didn't want to get drunk and publicly embarrass herself.

"Like what?" Daemon inquired his wife. She was beautiful that night, her silver hair half up and half down while she wore a lilac gown that brought out her eyes.

"We have a jealous, unrequited lover ten a clock." the Ruby Dragon murmured.

Sure enough, Criston Cole was both glaring and staring longingly at Rhaenyra as she did the opening dance with Laenor. 

Only two days before the wedding he had been dismissed abruptly as Rhaenyra's body guard and replaced with Harrold Westerling once again.

"A dance, my lady?" Daemon asked as Laenor and Rhaenyra finished the opening dance.

Elaera smiled softly and took her husband's hand. The two made way to the dance floor and began slow dancing with other couples.

Daemon glared at Criston when the knight began to stare at Elaera.

Soon enough, there was a scream and Arryk and Erryk were subduing someone.

Three other knights were helping Joffrey Lonmouth away as another maid pressed her scarf onto a bleeding stump.

Elaera almost threw up when she saw Joffrey Lonmouth's left hand on the floor with a bloodied sword.

Borros Baratheon join in on pinning down a bloodied Criston Cole before Laenor punched the knight unconscious.

Godswood, the Red Keep

115 AC

"What the hell was that." the Lady of Starlight asked her older sister flatly the next day.

Rhaenyra sighed. Following the incident, a Septon was found and Rhaenyra and Laenor exchanged hurried vows at the Great Hall instead of the Great Sept.

"Three days ago, Criston snuck into my chambers at night and begged me to run away with him to Essos. He would be a sell sword and I, his wife. I refused and when he tried to drag me off Vaemond Velaryon was luckily there and saw everything from start to finish. I dismissed him as my sworn shield... and now this happened." the Realm's Delight explained.

Or, he cut off Joffrey Lonmouth's right hand. The Stormlands were screaming for vengeance for the dismemberment of one of their own.

Joffrey would live, and luckily his sword hand was his right hand. He wouldn't be participating in any more tourneys though.

"Mysaria has reported that Alicent has taken him as her sworn shield. The court is furious at her." the Silver Princess said.

The Princess of Dragonstone sighed. "Do you have a method for Laenor and I to have true born children?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Elaera smiled.

That is today's chapter. I found a way for drama to happen and to save Joffrey's life. I hope you all enjoyed it!