Aftermath

Hall of Nine, High Tide

126 AC

"What happened here!?" Alicent shrieked when she saw her son missing an eye.

"Aemond–"

"You assaulted my son!?" the Hightower Queen yelled, turning onto the other children with livid rage. "I will have you—"

"ENOUGH!" Viserys roared as he entered with the rest of the adults. "Ser Arryk and Ser Lorent were there at the fight. What happened."

Quickly, the adults made way to their children/grandchildren. Borros was at Cassandra's side instantly, worriedly checking her over while Rhaenyra and Rhaenys checked on Jacaerys, Visenya, and Lucerys.

Daemon and Elaera got the story from Maekar as Baela, Rhaena, Aerion, and Aerea huddled close around their parents.

"Maekar signaled us to follow him when the children made way for the beaches of High Tide." Arryk began. "There, we found out that Prince Aemond had claimed Vhagar in the dead of night without telling anyone. Cassandra accused him of claiming Vhagar, since she believed was hers too claim since Vhagar was Lady Laena's mount. When Aemond insulted her she pushed him and he broke her nose. That's when the fight broke out, though Prince Aerion pulled Lady Cassandra out of the fight and then Prince Maekar made sure he and Princess Aerea did not join the fight. Princess Rhaena was shoved into the sand when she tried to step out, and when Princess Baela came to her sisters defense she was shoved into the rocks. Prince Lucerys took Maekar's knife and Visenya held him down as he slashed out Prince Aemond's eye."

"Prince Maekar then ended the fight and took Prince Aemond here to the Maester." Lorent finished.

"No one is at fault then." Viserys said. "While Cassandra started the brawl, Aemonde insulted her to attack him."

"But what about Aemond? That boy took out our son, your son, eye! I demand that Prince Lucerys loses in eye!"

House Velaryon guards went to into defensive positions around the children of Laenor Velaryon and Rhaenyra Targaryen.

"Enough, Alicent. Let it go, that is an order from your king!" Viserys snarled. "This matter is settled!"

Alicent refused. "Ser Criston, bring me the left eye of Lucerys Velaryon and Visenya Velaryon."

"ALICENT!" Viserys roared as Cole took a step for the Velaryon children before Dark Sister was at his throat

"Touch my children, Cole, and I will show you the wrath of a mother dragon with Fire and Blood!" the Princess of Dragonstone snarled, standing protectively in front of her children.

"Stand down, Crispin." Daemon hissed.

"That is an order form the Queen."

"And this is the Kingsguard. It is not the Queensguard yet." Harrold said stonily as Alicent screamed at Cole in the background. "You will stand down or I will have your exchanged for a black one."

Cole grudingly stood down and as the tensions hesitantly deescalated, Alicent shook her head muttering "No no no!" and grabbed Viserys knife.

There were screams and Elaera surged from the sidelines to grab Alicent's arms. 

"Get out of my way Princess! If the king will not avenge his son, then I will!" Alicent screamed.

Elaera tilted her head, and for a moment her lilac eyes reassembled that of a dragons eyes, an apex predator analyzing prey. She gripped Alicent's wrists in the right spots and the knife went clattering to the ground.

"Do not mourn me, mother, I may have lost an eye, but I have gained a dragon." Aemond spoke up, breaking through the silence.

Wordlessly she let go of Alicent and stalked back to her family.

Baela wisely picked up the knife and scurried to Viserys's side, handing it to him before rushing back to her father's side.

"We're leaving." was all Elaera said to her children and calmly herded them from the hall with the Rogue Prince's help.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it!