Chapter 1

ELIZABETH

A long long time ago I was an innocent child hidden from the vile grips of the darkness in society. But the death of my father and many others that i came to know or befriend showed me the truth. I wasn't the one that had to be afraid of others. It was them that were to be afraid of me.

The darkness had been born not made. At the time I thought I was like any other person on this cruel place called planet earth. But i was wrong. I was the monster that lurked in the shadows hunting for it's next meal. The scary story campers told their children to get them to eat the horrible food they had brought along.

For I was... sorry am half Vampire half Mermaid. Something no one wants to cross not even the scariest of God's creatures. I am an abomination of nature and yet i have found a way to hide myself amidst the world of Humans, Demons, fairies, werewolves, mermaids, sirons, and worst of all Vampires.

There are other mythological creatures in the world but they are a dying breed. Unless of course you count us hybrids then that's a whole other side of life.

"Ahhh! No please! Take whatever you want, just don't hurt me! Someone help!" I hear a woman scream from a nearby alleyway as I walk down an empty street late at night under the beautiful midnight blue sky. The cry for help makes me smirk and my fangs pop out in excitement. Maybe I'll get lucky tonight and get to bring take out home. That is if my prey lives long enough to last the trip home.

I speed to where the smell of human blood is most pungent hitting my nostrils like a sledge hammer. It almost makes me want to vomit. The woman that had most likely been the one that screamed is being pinned down to the ground by a large male.

The male's hand is covering the womans mouth as he seems to be kissing the womans neck. I know better then to think this is a sign of affection or even rape. He's not interested in the humans ladie parts but her red blood. The very thing that keeps her heart pumping and what keeps his kind from withering into an undead rotting corpse.

I never quite understood why vampires were always so attracted to human blood but then again I could never keep it down long enough to process it through my body. I always rejected human blood as if it were a watered down wine that lost all it's quality as soon as ice hit it.

Vampire blood on the other hand had my stomach clenching and my fangs piercing my bottom lip in hunger and feverish lust. So you see, I'm not only a monster to the human race but to the supernatural world.

Stealthily I jump onto the roof of the building that looks over the two inferior beings. For a moment I consider waiting until my prey is finished with it's food but attacking when your prey is distracted is always the best and most intelligent move to make.

Licking my lips I leep onto the males back and plunge my fangs into his neck. He rears his head away from his food and bucks me off his body into the dumpster nearby. The pain barely fades me given my super healing and adrenaline rush to get what I came into town to get. Blood. Vampire blood.

My eyes glow red with anger at him as  his hand wipes off the dark blood from his neck that had rehealed itself. He has no right to touch what is mine. What is his will soon be all mine.

"Watch it, bitch! This one's mine! You know the rules of property!" He shouts looking at me with annoyance and hatred.

"I do. Why do you think I bit you just now? I must say your blood has an interesting flavor. Savory with a hint of sugar. You must have been turned recently and have yet to master the ability of control. Pity you won't live long enough to know what that's like." I laugh, baring my fangs at him. I like to play with my food, so sue me.