Chapter 6

PRINCE ERIC

"Mate." We both say in unison as I grabbed her arm. For that one moment my mind goes blank and then every part of my body becomes heated with love and lust for this woman. Not that i didn't find her attractive to begin with but it's different now that i know she's made just for me.

Her eyes are just as red as mine and her hair is black as a midnight lagoon. Her pale skin is like the moon refecting over the water at the darkest hour of night. I wonder how soft her hair is if I run my hand through it?

My thoughts are immediately silenced when I feel a sting on my cheek. She slapped me! "What the fuck was that for?!" I exclaim in shock and let go of her forearm.

"You touched me! I thought it fair I knock you back to reality as pay back for not listening to my words earlier." She shrugs innocently but glares daggers at me as if touching her was the worst thing in the world. Weren't mates supposed to enjoy skin contact? I sure did...

"You're seriously upset about me grabbing your wrist? If I hadn't we wouldn't have known we were mates! I still don't understand why i didn't sense it by smelling your pharamones." I say stepping closer to her to smell her neck. God, what is wrong with me?! I can't keep my head straight. She makes me feel like an animal in heat. And I'm not even a shifter!

"I like my perfume and I never asked to find my mate! It makes my life too complicated." She mutters and storms past me out of the restaurant practically destroying the little silver bell above the door when it opens.

I growl in frustration at how she seems to want nothing to do with me despite how we were destined for each other. Every woman I have ever met has swooned over me. So why the fuck does my mate look like she wants to bury herself 10 feet under rather then be within 2 feet of me?

I run out the door to catch up with her. She's trying to hail down a taxi. "Where do you think you're going?" I smirk to cover up my hurt feelings. I tend to hide my true feelings behind my smirk so others don't know what's in my heart.

"Home to pack then probably to a bar so I can forget this ever happened." I hear her whisper under her breath then she turns to me with a fake smile. "Anywhere but with you. Good luck on finding your serial killer...taxi!" She says to me in what i hoped was not sarcasm then screamed for a taxi that was passing by. It didn't stop.

"You're not going to help me with the case?" I think my words triggered her because she snapped her gaze back at me and if looks could kill I would be the dead vampire on east 12th street right now.

"No. Two reasons why! You're the mate I never wanted and I couldn't give one shit about the vampire council getting killed off! Their rules are so last century and they are sexist racist pigs!" She presses a finger to my chest pushing me with it making me back up in fear stumbling on the side walk, as her eyes glowed a bright red.

Despite her obvious anger towards me and my fear that she might rip my throat out, I couldn't help but start to laugh. Yes, I laugh. I laugh in her face and at how passionate she is against the council... against my family. To say such things is like treason and to say it in front of me is just hilarious.

"W-why are you laughing?" She fumbles with her words, blushing as if embarrassed with how I didn't curl up in a ball and cry with her outburst or get angry at her. Damn, she's cute when she's flustered.

It's come to my attention that she really has no clue who I am. I can't tell if I find that intriguing or annoying given how pretty much everyone knows me by my face or name. Either way, I think I'm going to keep who I am a secret from her until absolutely necessary. She seems to loathe the Elite in the vampire society.