24

"The sound of your heart is the most significant sound in my world."

AYUSHMAN'S POV

"Listen to me carefully if once more I see her around you while I'm not around then you'd be dead meat", she whispered and ran back to her room closing the door.

Did she just warn me?

I need to find the truth about whatever Radhika said today as soon as I can. I can't let my past blackmail my present. I need to meet mom tomorrow along with Radhika.

I went and slept and now it's another day.

I need to go to mom's today and ask her about it even though I believe that mom would never do such a thing. 

I went down to have breakfast and found her making coffee. I went and grabbed her waist from the back.

"Good Morning", I said kissing the top of her head.

She's so tiny.

"Good morning", she grumbled.

"Still angry?"

She didn't respond so yes she's still mad.

"Do you want to go eat dinner today at a restaurant or something?", I asked her walking towards the dining table.

She turned and looked at me in suspicion.

"Are you asking me for a date?", she asked in confusion.

"What? No. I mean yes but no. wait do married people go on dates?"

"You are seriously dumb", she chuckled.

"Wait I was just-"

"Just asking me for a date? or dinner?", she asked sitting in front of me.

"Um both", I said looking at my food.

"Cool"

"I'll be back before 7 so just wait for me"

"Fine! I'll be at mom's today so I'll be back around 5", she said munching her food.

"Okay Deal"

After having breakfast I headed to the office when a message suddenly popped in my phone screen.

"Meet you at your mom's place at 3 pm - Radhika"

Wait, Wtf is this now? Is she tryna prove that my mom was behind everything? Like why would she do that she literally has no reason for doing that and I clearly don't believe anything she spout about my mom yesterday. Anyways let's just go and see what is he tryna pull this time.

After completing some meetings I headed straight to mom's place.

"What a pleasant surprise! What bought you-" She stopped while greeting me and looked behind me.

"Hello Aunty pleasant seeing you too", Radhika's voice came behind me.

I looked back and she smiled.

"What is she doing here?", mom asked looking at me.

"I-"

"Aunty it's been so long since I saw you. You are still as beautiful as you were then", Radhika said stepping forward.

"Who gave you permission you step inside my house?"

"Why are you being so rude, Aunty? Don't you remember me? I'm Radhika"

"Ayush why did you bring her here?", she looked at me demanding an answer.

"Wait Aunty for your confirmation he didn't bring me here I bought him here. He's really very curious about the truth isn't Ayush?"

"Stop it, Radhika. Mom let's go inside I need to talk about something"

"Stop! This girl won't enter my home."

I looked at Radhika and then at mom and sighed.

You can do this Ayushman it's just a simple question.

"Out of my house", she said pointing at Radhika.

"Mom, I'm not doubting you or something but I just need to know that did you ask Radhika to leave me then? Did you send her to the Netherlands?"

Please say No. Please say NO.

"Yes. Yes, I did", she said looking at me firmly.

"Wait did I hear it wrong? Did you say yes?", I asked her in shock and she nodded.

"See I told you the truth but you didn't believe me so here. this is the truth", Radhika said.

"You're lying, right? My mom would never do that to me"

There was no response.

"You knew how much she meant to me right? how much I loved her then why did you do that? Why did you do that to me?", I said trying to control my tears.

"Loved? You were just obsessed with her and you were even ready to ruin your whole life for someone who wasn't even worthy of it. You were at the peak of your career and how I can sit back and see my own son ruining his hard-earned success."

"but you didn't have to ask her to leave me. You could have clearly said your concern to me I would have held myself together"

"But why are we discussing this right now? The past is gone you are clearly a married man and-"

"The marriage was completely forced. The only person I ever dreamt of marrying was Radhika-"

"Your wife is Diyanshi, not Radhika and let me tell you that child is such a pure soul don't you dare hurt her, and I know that you love her. She's perfect for you. A perfect daughter-in-law and a perfect wife."

"Who said you that I love her? Did I? Should I just divorce her? She's no better we can't even communicate properly without arguing how tf am I supposed to love her? You're thinking about her not getting her and what about Radhika? Didn't you hurt her?"

"Ayush get your mind straight don't tell something that you are going to regret later"

"No mom I just want to spill my heart out today. Just because you didn't like her doesn't mean you had the right to get her out of my life. You clearly made my life a living hell. You just got her out of my life but she still stayed alive in my heart. I never intended to marry your perfect daughter-in-law and she is perfect for me? Are you kidding me? She isn't even qualified enough to get into my company let alone my life. So she was your perfect choice? Mom, you are clearly making me laugh at this point"

"Ayush", Dad came and slapped me, and when I looked up I regretted each and every word I just uttered a few seconds ago.

"Diyanshi", I mumbled.

I fucked up.

___________________________________________________

Hello! Really very sorry for the delay in the update. I was going through some tough times recently so wasn't inpired enough to write anything. Anyways I hope I post consistently. Thank you all for reading <3