The assistant

As the CEO of one of the largest investment firms in New York City, Ryan had always been used to getting what he wanted, when he wanted it. He was accustomed to barking orders at his assistants and expecting them to be carried out immediately, without question. So when he hired Mia, a young and ambitious college graduate, as his new assistant, he expected nothing less than the utmost efficiency and subservience from her.
Despite Ryan's constant demands and harsh criticisms, Mia refused to back down. She met his gruffness with quiet determination and a fierce intelligence that began to impress even Ryan.
An unlikely bond began to form between the wealthy, arrogant businessman and his hardworking assistant. Slowly but surely, Ryan found himself drawn to Mia and Mia began to see past Ryan's rough exterior to the vulnerable man underneath.
As they worked side by side, day in and day out, the initial animosity between them turned into a smoldering attraction that threatened to ignite into something more. But with their vast differences in social status and upbringing, could their growing feelings for each other ever hope to overcome the obstacles in their way?
———————————————————————————Author's note: This is the first story I've ever written on Wattpad. Sorry in advance :/