Chapter thirteen

Photo: Mia's Mother
////////
When Mia returned to work after her trip, she was determined to keep her distance from Ryan. She knew it would be difficult to work with him, but she was determined to be professional and not let her personal feelings get in the way.

She arrived at the office early, ready to start the day. But when she walked into the office, she was surprised to see Ryan already there, looking confused and shocked.

"Mia, I didn't expect you to be here so early," Ryan said, his voice hesitant.

"I came in early to get some work done," Mia said, her voice cold and distant.

Ryan nodded, clearly uncomfortable. "I...I wanted to talk to you about what happened. I know I made a mistake, and I'm sorry. Can we please talk?"

Mia shook her head, her eyes filled with anger. "No, Ryan. I don't want to talk to you. You made your choice, and now I have to live with the consequences. I don't want to hear any more of your apologies."

Ryan sighed, feeling defeated. "I understand, Mia.

Mia didn't respond, turning her attention back to her work. She didn't want to have anything more to do with Ryan, and she was determined to keep her distance from him.

As the days passed, Mia continued to act cold and distant towards Ryan. She didn't want to engage with him in any way, and she focused all of her energy on her work.

Ryan, on the other hand, was confused and hurt by her behavior. He knew he had hurt her, and he wanted to make things right. But he didn't know how to approach her without causing more hurt.

One day, after work had ended, Ryan decided to try to talk to Mia again. He made his way to her desk, but when he arrived, he realized that she had already left for the day. He was left standing there, alone in the office, feeling more lost and confused than ever.
He didn't know how to make things right with Mia, and he didn't know if he ever would. He had made a mistake, and now he was paying the price for it. He just hoped that one day, Mia would be able to forgive him and move on.
———————————————————————————
After work, Ryan decided to go to a bar, hoping to drown his sorrows in alcohol. But as he sat there, staring at his drink, he realized that he was following in his father's footsteps. He was turning into the very thing he hated, and he didn't know how to stop. He knew he was spiraling out of control, but he didn't know how to stop.
He felt like he was losing everything that mattered to him, and he didn't know how to fix it.